You are here
Coffee Fest STL 2014: Going West to the 'Fest
It feels like we were in Seattle for the 2014 SCAA Expo just yesterday, but we’re already geared up and ready for another exciting coffee trade show this weekend: Coffee Fest St. Louis! This year, Coffee Fest has uprooted itself from its usual Chicago digs to head a bit South to the beautiful city of St. Louis, Missouri. We can’t resist a chance to mingle with coffee people from the Mid- and Southwest, so you can bet we’ll be rocking a booth - number 309, to be precise. So let’s take a gander at what we’ve got in store for you:
What we're up to this year
Delicious coffees a la GloriaWe’ll have a real beaut of a lever machine at our booth, an Astoria Gloria, and we’ll be serving up shots from three fine roasters. We encourage you to swing by each day to try out all three, but feel free to check the schedule below to see when your favorite coffee will be on.
- Friday, May 30th: Sunergos Coffee’s Ethiopia Sidama Ardi
- Saturday, May 31st: Quills Coffee’s Colombia Nariño
- Sunday, June 1st: Brown Coffee Co.’s Guatemala Edlina Microlot
A new, sleeker Prima TampOur friend Camila Ramos got to test drive one during her run at last month’s United States Barista Championship; the revised Prima Tamp will be available to try out at our booth at Coffee Fest. Thanks to the great feedback we’ve been getting from the Prima Tamp Tour, we’ve been able to tweak the Tamp to better suit more baristas. Come on by, try it out, and let us know what you think!
A little something for our fansY’all are just our favorite people, and we want to give a little something back to you. We’ve got two options for you this time around:
1. Rock a bow tie, win a mug! We at Prima love our bow ties, so if you swing by our booth wearing one yourself, we’ll give you one of our swanky Prima Coffee diner mugs (while supplies last). After all, bow ties are cool!
2. Snap it, tag it, win it. If you’re looking to get into home espresso, then we’ve got a grinder with your name on it. We’re giving away a spiffy black Ascaso i2 doser grinder, and all you’ve got to do is take a selfie. Easy, right? Just grab a pic of yourself either a) in the Prima booth, or b) with one of the fine folks from Prima, tag it with #brewbetter, and post to Twitter or Instagram. We’ll randomly pick a winner on Sunday at 1 PM, and repost the winning shot. Be sure to follow @primacoffee for updates!
That’s all for now, friends. Hope to see you in St. Louis!