Eva Solo Cafe Solo Coffee Brewer - 1.0 liter - Black
Free ShippingxLucky you! This product qualifies for free shipping.
Click here to see why
- Price MatchxFound a better price somewhere else? We'll beat it! Call us at 888-810-5043 or fill out our price match form
- Gift ReturnablexNo need to worry that this may not be the toy your coffee geek wants. See our Extended Gift Return Policy for more information.
Why do we love it?
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.
- Saturation of grounds in full immersion assures complete extraction
- Modern design fits in any kitchen
- Neoprene sleeve keeps coffee hot longer than would a glass pot
- Volume: 1.0 Liters
- Standard features of the Cafe Solo:
- Implements full immersion brewing which ensures that all of the grounds are fully extracted evenly.
- Includes smart, tip-up lid which makes pouring easy and automatic - no residual spray from popping spouts!
- Neoprene sleeve can be easily removed for cleaning.
- All parts except neoprene sleeve are completely dishwasher safe. Neoprene sleeve can be rinsed under cold water (or machine washed at 86 deg. F / 30 C)
- Includes a heavy duty plastic paddle for stirring.
- Patented drip-free top virtually eliminates dripping while pouring.
- Also available in 0.6 liter and 1.4 liter volumes.
- Package Includes:
- 1 x 1.0 liter glass carafe
- 1 x plastic stirring paddle
- 1 x metal mesh filter assembly with patented lid
- 1 x neoprene sleeve with zipper
- Brewing Instructions:
- Pre-heat glass carafe while grinding beans and boiling water
- Pour 45-60 grams of medium-coarsely ground coffee into the carafe
- Pour boiling hot water (we recommend 200 deg. F water) into the carafe
- Using the provided plastic paddle, stir the grounds and water for 10-20 seconds
- Put the lid on and allow the coffee sit for 4 minutes until the grounds are fully extracted
- Immediately serve the coffee or pour it into a pre-heated thermal pot (we recommend a Zojirushi carafe) so it does not become over-extracted.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 48-54 grams of coffee - coarse grind
~ 800-900 milliliters of water
~ 195-205 degrees
~ 4:00 brew time
Ever forgotten water on the stove until it evaporated... needed to consistently maintain the temperature of your water without constantly monitoring it... been frustrated that your old kettle could not be removed from its electric base for easy pouring and cleaning? The Pino Digital Kettle Pro is the answer to these water heating frustrations! With such standard features as a Digital Display with which the water temperature can be set and maintained, an easily detachable base for quick and safe pouring and cleaning, an easy-to-read water gauge, and "No Water" protection which automatically turns the kettle off when it runs out of water; the Digital Kettle Pro is one of the top kettles for heating water quickly and efficiently.
$2,865.00When it comes to serving freshly brewed coffee in a commercial setting, one key dilemma has continually arisen. How can a commercial, high volume coffee shop make quick, fresh coffee without sacrificing quality? The solution has been either (1) to slightly sacrifice quality by making a large amount of drip coffee every hour or so, or (2) to preserve quality but to slow down production and possibly lose a potential profit with single-cup brewing (V60, Chemex, French Press, etc.). The brewing process that the Bunn Trifecta is built upon could be the answer to this significant dilemma.
The Trifecta has been anxiously awaited by the coffee community since Starbucks bought the rights to the Clover brewing system and took it off the market. At a fraction of the price of the Clover, the Trifecta could be the next-generation coffee system. The process is incredibly simple and efficient without sacrificing quality. It can be compared to a Syphon Brewer in its use of total immersion, constant temperature, and agitation of the grounds.
First, the hot water completely saturates the freshly ground beans resulting in a French Press like immersion. This takes advantage of the total extraction of beans that can only take place in full immersion brewing systems.
Second, Air is injected into the pressurized chamber which agitates the grounds. This further enhances extraction by exciting the grounds and water as they interact with each other.
Third, at just the right time (before over-extraction can take place), the pressurized air presses the coffee through a metal filter into the waiting cup. Similar to the Aeropress, this added pressure further enhances the extraction process and ensures a full-bodied flavor in the coffee. To read a full, hands-on review of the Bunn Trifecta by our coffee team, click here: Bunn Trifecta First Impression.
Hario Skerton grinder is handy for manual home and travel grinding, it can also be slightly more cumbersome for an extended road trip where only a small amount of grinding will be done (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill). For those trips (or homes) where a minimal amount of grinding is needed, the Hario Mini Mill Slim is the perfect grinding solution. The Mini Mill employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can effortlessly handle 24 grams of anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. Because of its lightweight (0.5 lbs) and sleek plastic body, the Mini Mill easily fits into small carrying bags and suitcases without adding a lot of extra weight. This, in conjunction with the Aerobie AeroPress coffee maker, has the propensity to make excellent coffee anywhere hot water and fresh beans are available.
The Hario Mini Mill is a traveling coffee enthusiast’s dream come true.... and with its ability to grind to the fine quality needed for espresso, it can be paired with a hand-held travel espresso maker such as the mypressi TWIST (and an excellent choice of beans) to achieve a quality rivaling the product found in many high-end espresso machines. Whether the need is grinding beans for a french press, Aeropress, or mypressi, the Mini Mill Slim is the perfect travel solution.