Eva Solo Cafe Solo Coffee Brewer - 1.0 liter - Black
Free ShippingxLucky you! This product qualifies for free shipping.
Click here to see why
- Price MatchxFound a better price somewhere else? We'll beat it! Call us at 888-810-5043 or fill out our price match form
- Gift ReturnablexNo need to worry that this may not be the toy your coffee geek wants. See our Extended Gift Return Policy for more information.
Why do we love it?
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.
- Saturation of grounds in full immersion assures complete extraction
- Modern design fits in any kitchen
- Neoprene sleeve keeps coffee hot longer than would a glass pot
- Volume: 1.0 Liters
- Standard features of the Cafe Solo:
- Implements full immersion brewing which ensures that all of the grounds are fully extracted evenly.
- Includes smart, tip-up lid which makes pouring easy and automatic - no residual spray from popping spouts!
- Neoprene sleeve can be easily removed for cleaning.
- All parts except neoprene sleeve are completely dishwasher safe. Neoprene sleeve can be rinsed under cold water (or machine washed at 86 deg. F / 30 C)
- Includes a heavy duty plastic paddle for stirring.
- Patented drip-free top virtually eliminates dripping while pouring.
- Also available in 0.6 liter and 1.4 liter volumes.
- Package Includes:
- 1 x 1.0 liter glass carafe
- 1 x plastic stirring paddle
- 1 x metal mesh filter assembly with patented lid
- 1 x neoprene sleeve with zipper
- Brewing Instructions:
- Pre-heat glass carafe while grinding beans and boiling water
- Pour 45-60 grams of medium-coarsely ground coffee into the carafe
- Pour boiling hot water (we recommend 200 deg. F water) into the carafe
- Using the provided plastic paddle, stir the grounds and water for 10-20 seconds
- Put the lid on and allow the coffee sit for 4 minutes until the grounds are fully extracted
- Immediately serve the coffee or pour it into a pre-heated thermal pot (we recommend a Zojirushi carafe) so it does not become over-extracted.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 48-54 grams of coffee - coarse grind
~ 800-900 milliliters of water
~ 195-205 degrees
~ 4:00 brew time
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
$53.00Hario's stainless steel water kettle, the V60 Buono, has been spotted popping up in coffee houses and the kitchens of baristas for some time now. A detailed search on the web will reveal, for the moment at least, that the Buono seems to be widely accepted as the most useful pouring kettle available. What makes this kettle so popular amongst pour-over enthusiasts? Several reasons stand out.
First, the thin pouring spout enables greater pouring precision as well as a slower, more consistent and controlled rate of pour, both of which are very helpful in achieving a precise, prolonged extraction.
Second, the stainless steel construction and large 1 liter capacity contribute toward keeping up the brew temperature for the duration of the entire brew cycle.
Third, the ergonomics involved in the design of the kettle help to make using it much easier. This may not seem like much, but if you're brewing large batches of coffee and pouring for three or more minutes per batch, doing several batches of coffee will quickly become a chore if your kettle doesn't cooperate with you.
Combine all of these facets with the fact that the Buono is manufactured by Hario, a very popular name in the coffee-brewing community, and the kettle's popularity is easily understood. For best results, combine the Buono with a V60 Dripper or Chemex to get a truly exceptional cup of coffee.
The Fretta Iced Coffee Brewer is Hario's answer to brewing the perfect cup of iced coffee. Hario has combined their famous V60 brewer with a decanter and plastic diffuser to assure that the coffee is quickly cooled by hitting ice immediately after the brewing process. This quick heat transition is important in conserving the flavor of the coffee. The Fretta comes with 10 size 02 paper filters. We recommend that you purchase extra filters as well. To do this select filters as an add-on from the options on the right or go to our Hario 02 filter listing. Also recommend is a pouring kettle. We offer both the Hario Buono Kettle as well as the Kalita Wave Pot Kettle in the drop-down menu on the right.