Kalita Wave Pour Over Set-Up
The Wave Series from Kalita is the newest player in the pour-over brewing game. Kalita Wave drippers feature flat-bottom geometry designed to encourage a more even extraction, less dependent upon pouring technique than cone-shaped counterparts. The Wave Series drippers feature a handsome design and a smaller learning curve for those new to manual coffee brewing. The Kalita bundle makes a great gift for the newbie just getting into manual, pour-over brewing, and the coffee geek wanting to add versatility to his or her collection!
Kalita Wave Dripper Features
- The Kalita Wave Dripper is a pour-over coffee brewer whose flat bottom design allows for an easier brewing style than other pour-over brewers.
- The Kalita Dripper is available in 155 (the small), and in two materials: glass and stainless. (choose your style by selecting "Click for Available Options" above)
- The Kalita Wave filters included in this bundle feature an accordion design that pushes the filters away from the side of the dripper, allowing for more temperature stability and a quicker brew.
- For more information, see our Kalita Wave Dripper listing.
Kalita Wave Server Features
- The Kalita Glass Server comes in either 300mL (10.14oz) or 500mL (16oz) glass server. Select size from options above.
- Server comes with lid
Kalita Wave Filters
- The Kalita Wave Filters will fit perfectly your dripper and help give the Wave Dripper part of its unique design and function.
- Includes 100 Count of White Filters. (Brown are no longer available)
- Make sure that the filters you select matches the size of dripper you select, by selecting "Click for Available Options" above.
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.
$81.98It can be difficult in the world of specialty coffee to find a brewer that not only looks fantastic but also produces a fantastic product. Eva Solo has done an exceptional job of combining both elements into the Cafe Solo. The Solo seems a little strange upon first glance for the very reason that it may be the first coffee brewer of its kind: one that is clothed. The designers at Eva Solo had the ingenious idea of using the same material that keeps divers warm (neoprene) and wrapping it around the glass carafe... thus keeping the coffee hot during the 4 minute brewing period.
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.