Coffee Travel Kit - AeroPress, Mini Mill, and Travel Kettle
Many of us have to leave our brewing equipment at home while we travel, and rely on local shops in various cities for which to find quality coffee. Unfortunately, not every small town or city has a solid coffee establishment serving fresh quality coffee. We’ve created this traveling bundle for the home coffee brewer on the go. Both the AeroPress® and Mini Mill consist of almost completely plastic parts, making them virtually indestructible, and the BonaVoyage Electric Travel Kettle features a compact stainless/plastic design and doubles as a carrying case for the AeroPress. With this bundle, you don't have to settle for less than great coffee when you're away from home or your favorite local shop.
- Brewing style makes it capable of producing either a single cup of coffee or concentrated espresso-like cup.
- Portable and easy to take with you on the go.
- Easy to clean up.
- Includes: AeroPress plunger and chamber, paddle for stirring, 350 paper filters and filter holder, and coffee scoop.
- For more information, see our Aerobie AeroPress® listing.
Hario Mini Mill Features:
- The Hario Mini MIll Slim Hand Grinder has made a quality coffee grinder both affordable and compact.
- The Mini Mill has ceramic conical burrs.
- Holds 24 grams of coffee.
- Grinder is 5.9 inches (150mm) wide, 2.8 inches (72mm) deep, and 8.7 inches (220mm) high. Width includes handle mounted on top.
- For more information, see our Hario Mini Mill Slim Grinder listing.
Bonavita BonaVoyage Electric Travel Kettle:
- .5 liter (16.9 ounce) capacity
- Auto-shut off feature
- For more information, see our Bonavita Electric Travel Kettle listing.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
As the interest in specialty coffee continues to increase, so does the interest in brewing methods that best compliment the quality and ideals of specialty coffee. Up until this point there have been limited options when it comes to pour over brewing devices that offer both a small learning curve as well as excellent results. Garnering praise for both their calculated design and ease of use, the Kalita line of pour over brewers are helping that small list of brewers grow. The Kalita Wave Dripper is being offered in both small (1-2 people) and large (1-4 people). The small size is offered in both glass and stainless steel while the large size is offered in glass, stainless steel, and ceramic. For an overview of the unique style the Kalita Wave Dripper brings to the pour over method, a feature chart that overviews the design, technique, and advantage can be found below.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.