SOFTSYS38 - Direct Plumbed Softening and Filtration System
One of the best ways to prolong the life of your machine is to use a water filtration and softening system for the prevention of scale build-up. This water filter system includes everything you'll need to get your direct connect espresso machine hooked up to your water source. We recommend this water filter and softener system for anyone whose water hardness level exceeds 3 grains. If you are unsure of the hardness of your water, you should be able to get details from your local water company or pick up a pack of water hardness test strips at your local hardware store. This particular kit is for those that plan on directly plumbing their machine in to their water line. Make sure that your machine is capable of being directly connected (not a water tank only machine) before purchasing. For an in tank water filter and softener see our In Tank Water Filter and Softener listing.
- The filter housing is a generic 10" one meaning you won't be tied into an expensive proprietary replacement cartridge.
- The carbon filter removes odor and taste and filters to 10 microns.
- The softener removes 15,000 PPM (for 6 grains of hardness will last 143 Gallons, for 12 grains of hardness - 72 Gallons, etc.)
- The tubing and fittings are John Guest and require no wrenches to install.
- No trips to the hardware store, everything you need is included.
- Machine needs to have an intake hose to be able to connect to the filter
- 10" Filter Housing (two included, Dimensions: 7' W x 14" H)
- Filter Mounting Bracket (two included)
- 10" 10 Micron Carbon Filter
- 10" Cation Softener 15,000 PPM Rated
- Filter Housing Wrench
- John Guest Ball Valves 3/8" (two included)
- John Guest Fitting 3/8" pipe by 3/8" (four included)
- Max Adapter 3/8" CP by 3/8" JG
- John Guest 3/8" Tubing 15'
Few advancements in espresso machine technology over the past fifty years could be called revolutionary. The latest advancement featured in La Marzocco's Strada Electronic Paddle (EP) is one that has earned that title. Pressure profiling was first introduced into the mass market in 2009 by the Slayer Espresso Machine. The La Marzocco Strada takes this new technology to the next level by allowing the barista to save up to four pressure profiles at any given time. Along with the ability to save profiles, each group has a digital display that shows the temperature (±0.1°C), shot time, and current bars of pressure (±.1 Bar). The Strada perfectly combines the durability and workmanship of La Marzocco with the technology of the future.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.