You are here
Hottop Home Coffee Roaster KN-8828B-2-K
The newly designed KN-8828B-2-K gives you complete manual control of all roast parameters. Simply plug the roaster in and press the "POWER/START" button three times and the roasting process begins. Add the beans at the machine's prompting or at your preferred drop-in temperature, then either allow them to roast and eject automatically or manually end the roast at any time. As the you advance in their knowledge of coffee roasting, the various parameters of the roast can be easily controlled via the control panel. This Hottop model comes equipped with an updated thermocouple that gives faster and more accurate temperature readings. For more on the thermocouple, read below. The Hottop also comes in a fully programmable model, the KN-8828P-2.
- Complete control. Maximum temperature and roast time can be set before the roast begins and the fan speed and heating element power can be modified during the roast.
- Programmable profiles. At the conclusion of your roast (after the cooling of the beans is complete), the machine will beep and you will be presented with the option to save the completed roast into non-volatile memory, including all the changes you have made. Up to three profiles can be saved in this manner.
- Update K-style thermocouple. The Hottop has gained a dedicated following among many home roasters, and they've found a way to improve their favorite machine: adding a thermocouple. Until now, if one of these dedicated Hottop users wanted to know a more precise bean temperature than the general environmental temperature given by the original Hottop button-style thermal sensor, they have had to buy a thermocouple and install it themselves. Now, this basic model comes with a k-style thermocouple that extends out from the rear wall and provides a more accurate display of the bean temperature as well as a faster response time.
- Roast cycle: 12-22 minutes; time can be added when necessary
- Capacity: up to 300 grams per batch (best results with 250 grams)
- External cooling tray with agitation arm and cooling fan. Beans cool in 4 to 5 minutes
- Large 4-inch viewing window gives a view of the beans during roasting
- Heat element: 750 watts
- Steel Drum: 4x8 inches
- Audible signaling of roast progress; quieter than other home roasters
- Manual emergency eject pin
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.