You are here
BWT 9684 - In Tank Water Filter and Softener
The most common culprit of espresso machine troubles is scale build-up in the boiler due to hard water. The good news is that this problem is avoidable by testing your water hardness. If your water exceeds 3 grains of hardness we recommend using a water softener to help guard from scale build-up. This water filter and softener is an in-tank option which attaches to the bottom of your water reservoir and has a place for the in-tank hose to connect to. If you're planning on directly connecting your machine to a water source, see our Direct Plumbed Softening and Filtration System.
- This softener is an in-tank softener which will attach via suction cup to the bottom of the water reservoir tank.
- Each filter contains 100 grams of softener resin which capable of softening 13 gallons (49 Liters) of water at 10 grains and 26 gallons (98 Liters) at 5 grains. Includes one filter cartridge, you can add extra In Tank Softener and Filter Cartridges by selecting "Click for Available Options" above.
- In addition to the water softener, this contains a carbon filter which will remove odor and improve the overall taste of your water.
- Please make sure your machine has an open reservoir on top large enough for the filter to fit in.
- Machine needs to have an intake hose to be able to connect to the filter
- Dimensions: 5" H x 4" W