You are here
Yama BN-1 Butane Burner for Siphon Brewer
Click here to see why
The Yama Syphon Brewer is a modern version of an old coffee brewer design. The process is simple and elegant, but the final product is outstanding. Simply pour 21 oz. of water into the bottom glass and heat it over a butane burner until it slowly begins to boil (the Syphon is also available with a denatured alcohol burner). If it is heating too fast and boiling rapidly, monitor the heat source to ensure a slower boil. At this point, the water will rise into the upper glass and saturate the waiting grounds. Some even recommend waiting until about 1/2 - 3/4 of the water has risen to the upper glass to dump the grounds into the top glass. Once every last drop of flavor has been extracted from the ground beans (will take approximately 2 minutes depending upon desired strength), remove the flame and gravity will draw the coffee down through the tube (and filter) into the lower glass. To serve, remove the upper glass and use the built in handle to pour a fantastic cup of coffee.
The benefits of this system are that the water heats to the perfect brewing temperature, and that complete control over the process can be maintained at all times. Simply remove the heat source when you want saturation to be complete!
- Butane burner for the Siphon Tabletop Brewer.
- Provides a controllable heat source for the siphon, greatly increasing brewing accuracy.
- Solid steel design.
- Included ignition switch for easy lighting.
- Uses a gas control knob which can be turned counter-clockwise to increase the flame and clockwise to reduce it.
- Easy to refill with common refillable Butane valve on bottom of lighter.
- Uses pure Butane Gas only (not included).