Chemex 3-cup Coffee Maker
Free ShippingxLucky you! This product qualifies for free shipping.
Click here to see why
- Price MatchxFound a better price somewhere else? We'll beat it! Call us at 888-810-5043 or fill out our price match form
- Gift ReturnablexNo need to worry that this may not be the toy your coffee geek wants. See our Extended Gift Return Policy for more information.
The Chemex coffee brewer is part science, part work of art. Invented by Dr. Peter Schlumbohm in 1941, the Chemex is an iconic part of coffee brewing history and art history, being feature in the Museum of Modern Art's collection since 1944. The Chemex was designed to allow for a pure brewing experience, having the coffee only come in contact with non-porous, borosilicate glass and the specially designed filters. Overall a simple, beautiful, brewer that makes great coffee.
- Brewing on the Chemex is simple: open the filters so that the three sided section of the filter is facing the spout, add ground coffee, and pour your desired volume of hot water over the coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 3 cup (1 pint/16ozs.)
- Two models: Glass Handle or Wood Collar with leather tie. (select from options above)
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 8 cup, and 6 cup volumes.
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
Ever forgotten water on the stove until it evaporated... needed to consistently maintain the temperature of your water without constantly monitoring it... been frustrated that your old kettle could not be removed from its electric base for easy pouring and cleaning? The Pino Digital Kettle Pro is the answer to these water heating frustrations! With such standard features as a Digital Display with which the water temperature can be set and maintained, an easily detachable base for quick and safe pouring and cleaning, an easy-to-read water gauge, and "No Water" protection which automatically turns the kettle off when it runs out of water; the Digital Kettle Pro is one of the top kettles for heating water quickly and efficiently.