Astoria Gloria AL1 1 Group Lever-Operated Espresso Machine
Astoria has developed a full line of espresso machines suitable for various market demands. The Astoria Gloria is a lever operated espresso machine, which packages modern functionality in a retro exterior.
- Astoria is one of the few manufacturers of commercial espresso machines to still offer a full line of piston (lever) operated espresso machines.
- This lever/manual control machine is a simply designed machine, but it requires more training than a Gloria automatic espresso machine.
- Connecting hoses, rechargeable water softener and portafilters supplied with machine.
- If you are looking for a traditional way of brewing the best of espresso the Gloria has the look and the power to do it well.
- This model brews coffee by releasing the spring activated lever-piston.
- Each pull delivers a 1 oz. size espresso.
- Please Note: The lever-action grouphead requires a longer recovery time between shots in order to dissipate pressure. This machine is a solid machine, but it may not be optimal for your shop with a busy drive-thru. In the case of a high traffic shop, a Gloria automatic machine might be a better fit. Also, a high traffic shop will require more groupheads. Please call if you are unsure which machine will best fit your needs.
- Boiler Capacity: 7 qts
- Frame Construction: Electroplated steel assembled without welding
- Outer Body: Baked enamel steel with painted ABS side panels
- Steam Wands: Stainless steel
- Heating Element: 2000 Watt
- Cup Height: 7-1/2 in. (Group Head to drain tray)
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
As the interest in specialty coffee continues to increase, so does the interest in brewing methods that best compliment the quality and ideals of specialty coffee. Up until this point there have been limited options when it comes to pour over brewing devices that offer both a small learning curve as well as excellent results. Garnering praise for both their calculated design and ease of use, the Kalita line of pour over brewers are helping that small list of brewers grow. The Kalita Wave Dripper is being offered in both small (1-2 people) and large (1-4 people). The small size is offered in both glass and stainless steel while the large size is offered in glass, stainless steel, and ceramic. For an overview of the unique style the Kalita Wave Dripper brings to the pour over method, a feature chart that overviews the design, technique, and advantage can be found below.
Ever forgotten water on the stove until it evaporated... needed to consistently maintain the temperature of your water without constantly monitoring it... been frustrated that your old kettle could not be removed from its electric base for easy pouring and cleaning? The Pino Digital Kettle Pro is the answer to these water heating frustrations! With such standard features as a Digital Display with which the water temperature can be set and maintained, an easily detachable base for quick and safe pouring and cleaning, an easy-to-read water gauge, and "No Water" protection which automatically turns the kettle off when it runs out of water; the Digital Kettle Pro is one of the top kettles for heating water quickly and efficiently.
$2,865.00When it comes to serving freshly brewed coffee in a commercial setting, one key dilemma has continually arisen. How can a commercial, high volume coffee shop make quick, fresh coffee without sacrificing quality? The solution has been either (1) to slightly sacrifice quality by making a large amount of drip coffee every hour or so, or (2) to preserve quality but to slow down production and possibly lose a potential profit with single-cup brewing (V60, Chemex, French Press, etc.). The brewing process that the Bunn Trifecta is built upon could be the answer to this significant dilemma.
The Trifecta has been anxiously awaited by the coffee community since Starbucks bought the rights to the Clover brewing system and took it off the market. At a fraction of the price of the Clover, the Trifecta could be the next-generation coffee system. The process is incredibly simple and efficient without sacrificing quality. It can be compared to a Syphon Brewer in its use of total immersion, constant temperature, and agitation of the grounds.
First, the hot water completely saturates the freshly ground beans resulting in a French Press like immersion. This takes advantage of the total extraction of beans that can only take place in full immersion brewing systems.
Second, Air is injected into the pressurized chamber which agitates the grounds. This further enhances extraction by exciting the grounds and water as they interact with each other.
Third, at just the right time (before over-extraction can take place), the pressurized air presses the coffee through a metal filter into the waiting cup. Similar to the Aeropress, this added pressure further enhances the extraction process and ensures a full-bodied flavor in the coffee. To read a full, hands-on review of the Bunn Trifecta by our coffee team, click here: Bunn Trifecta First Impression.