Astoria Jada AK 2 Group Super-Automatic Espresso Machine w/ Autosteamer
Astoria has developed a full line of espresso machines suitable for various market demands. The Astoria Jada Super-Automatic machine grinds and brews espresso at the push of a button, and is ideal for shops with minimal training availability, or high employee turnaround.
- Two independent thermo-compensated brewing groups can dispense four single espresso servings simultaneously.
- The JADA is controlled by an advanced user friendly micro-processor system with easy to read, easy to operate touch pads and an illuminated electronic functions display.
- Brews up to 480 cups per hour.
- The Jada AK model is a two step (1. Brew espresso 2. Foam milk) fully automatic espresso machine with push button controls along with dual steam wands.
- Group heads easily adjust for different cup heights.
- The right steam wand is manually operated, the left is automatic and temperature controlled.
- This automatic steam wand steams (or froths) milk and prevents under- or over-heated drinks independently.
- Also has two chutes for pre-ground coffee and cleaning tablets, which can be used independently of the hoppers.
- Boiler Capacity: 8 qts
- Frame Construction: Galvanized steel
- Outer Body: Stainless steel, enamel & ABS side panels
- Heating Element: 4000 Watt
- Motor Pump: Built-in water cooled motor and adjustable vane pump
- Cup Height: 6 in. (Adjustable to 20oz. cup)
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
$1,687.00(For a guest barista review, click here.) Anfim's Super Caimano espresso grinder, upon its initial release, was a solid addition to any high-end coffee house. It featured a 75mm flat burr set that helped to give a very consistent grind, allowing baristas to rely upon it for excellent shot-to-shot uniformity. When dialing in a coffee, the Super Caimano had 70 holes in its adjustment collar to allow for tinkering between shots. Now, however, Anfim has added an additional 20 spots for a total of 90 holes in the adjustment collar. The benefit of this? When dialing in and finding the sweet spot for any coffee being used to pull shots of espresso, a key factor the barista must take into consideration is the size of the grind particles. Yes, uniformity and consistency of those grind particles is also key, but the ability to make tiny, incremental adjustments is always helpful when striving to find the right balance of all a coffee's characteristics when pulled as espresso.
Hario Skerton grinder is handy for manual home and travel grinding, it can also be slightly more cumbersome for an extended road trip where only a small amount of grinding will be done (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill). For those trips (or homes) where a minimal amount of grinding is needed, the Hario Mini Mill Slim is the perfect grinding solution. The Mini Mill employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can effortlessly handle 24 grams of anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. Because of its lightweight (0.5 lbs) and sleek plastic body, the Mini Mill easily fits into small carrying bags and suitcases without adding a lot of extra weight. This, in conjunction with the Aerobie AeroPress coffee maker, has the propensity to make excellent coffee anywhere hot water and fresh beans are available.
The Hario Mini Mill is a traveling coffee enthusiast’s dream come true.... and with its ability to grind to the fine quality needed for espresso, it can be paired with a hand-held travel espresso maker such as the mypressi TWIST (and an excellent choice of beans) to achieve a quality rivaling the product found in many high-end espresso machines. Whether the need is grinding beans for a french press, Aeropress, or mypressi, the Mini Mill Slim is the perfect travel solution.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.