Astoria Jada AK 2 Group Super-Automatic Espresso Machine w/ Autosteamer
Astoria has developed a full line of espresso machines suitable for various market demands. The Astoria Jada Super-Automatic machine grinds and brews espresso at the push of a button, and is ideal for shops with minimal training availability, or high employee turnaround.
- Two independent thermo-compensated brewing groups can dispense four single espresso servings simultaneously.
- The JADA is controlled by an advanced user friendly micro-processor system with easy to read, easy to operate touch pads and an illuminated electronic functions display.
- Brews up to 480 cups per hour.
- The Jada AK model is a two step (1. Brew espresso 2. Foam milk) fully automatic espresso machine with push button controls along with dual steam wands.
- Group heads easily adjust for different cup heights.
- The right steam wand is manually operated, the left is automatic and temperature controlled.
- This automatic steam wand steams (or froths) milk and prevents under- or over-heated drinks independently.
- Also has two chutes for pre-ground coffee and cleaning tablets, which can be used independently of the hoppers.
- Boiler Capacity: 8 qts
- Frame Construction: Galvanized steel
- Outer Body: Stainless steel, enamel & ABS side panels
- Heating Element: 4000 Watt
- Motor Pump: Built-in water cooled motor and adjustable vane pump
- Cup Height: 6 in. (Adjustable to 20oz. cup)
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.
Small, lightweight, and portable, the Skerton is the ideal hand grinder for the traveling coffee enthusiast, or the home enthusiast on a limited budget. The Skerton employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can easily handle anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. The Skerton’s detachable 100 gr. glass jar is perfect for collecting the grounds, and in combination with the plastic screw-on lid (included in order) can even double as a storage unit for whole beans on those long trips. After grinding is finished, cleaning the Skerton is as easy as placing the unit in the dishwasher since the entire grinder is dishwasher safe. Whether you desire a quality, handy grinder for the road or enjoy the fine art of manual coffee preparation, the Hario Skerton is the ideal candidate. For an even more portable hand grinder from Hario, check out the Mini Mill (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill).