Astoria Rapallo 2 Group Lever-Operated Espresso Machine - AL2
ASTORIA has developed a full line of espresso machines suitable for various market demands. The Astoria Rapallo packages modern functionality in a retro exterior.
- The Astoria Rapallo AL2 is a two group professional lever operated espresso machine.
- It is a modern replica of Astoria's first standard production espresso machine built in 1968.
- This lever/manual control machine is a simply designed machine, but it requires more training than the semi-automatic Rapallo.
- If you are looking for a traditional way of brewing the best of espresso the Rapallo has the look and the power to do it right.
- This version brews coffee by releasing the spring activated lever-piston.
- Each pull delivers a 1 oz. size espresso coffee.
- Connecting hoses, rechargeable water softener, and three portafilters supplied with machine.
- Please Note: Lever-action groupheads require a longer recovery time between shots in order to dissipate pressure. This machine is a great machine, but it may not be optimal for your shop with a busy drive-thru. In the case of a high traffic shop, the semi-automatic Rapallo might be a better fit.
- Boiler Capacity: 12 qts.
- Frame Construction: Electroplated steel assembled without welding
- Sides, Rear Panels: Baked Enamel Stainless Steel
- Heating Element: 4000 W
- Cup Height: 5-3/4 in. (Group Head to drain tray)
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.
$81.98It can be difficult in the world of specialty coffee to find a brewer that not only looks fantastic but also produces a fantastic product. Eva Solo has done an exceptional job of combining both elements into the Cafe Solo. The Solo seems a little strange upon first glance for the very reason that it may be the first coffee brewer of its kind: one that is clothed. The designers at Eva Solo had the ingenious idea of using the same material that keeps divers warm (neoprene) and wrapping it around the glass carafe... thus keeping the coffee hot during the 4 minute brewing period.
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.