You are here
Baratza Vario-W Weight Based Grinder
Click here to see why
This product has options:
Those that want the most consistent results in their coffee brewing weigh their coffee doses. Up until now, one has needed a scale to partner with their grinder to pull this off. Baratza has answered the challenge and rocked the coffee world with their newest grinding innovation: a weight based grinding system. Along with a self-contained system, the Esatto, which can be paired with an existing Baratza model, Baratza has incorporated the weight based dosing system into their flagship coffee/espresso grinder, the Baratza Vario. This new weight based Vario is known as the Baratza Vario-W. This new version has the same features of the Baratza Vario, but incorporates in the weight based grinding technology.
- 54mm ceramic flat burrs manufactured by Mahlkonig, designed to last twice as long as steel burrs
- 230 repeatable grind settings
- Unique "dual cam" grind adjustment features two distinct adjustment levers
- Vario-W uses real-time weight-based grinding with a built-in electronic scale. Set the weight you want and the Vario-W grinds the coffee to within +/- 0.2 g while grinding, and stops automatically.
- Three programmable dosage buttons which allow you to set the dosage for three different brew sizes or methods.
- The Vario grinds approximately 1.5 grams/second at Espresso and 2.5 grams/second at Press.
- Digital LCD display tracks the weight dosage to the tenth of a gram.
BaratzaBaratza is the company at the forefront of home coffee grinding innovation. Before Baratza entered the coffee manufacturing scene, one was hard pressed to find an affordable burr coffee grinder. Now, home baristas and cafes alike have multiple affordable burr grinders to choose from courtesy of the U.S. based company. Baratza currently offers five different burr grinders: Baratza Maestro Plus, Baratza Virtuoso, Baratza Virtuoso Preciso, Baratza Vario, and the weight based grinding Baratza Vario-W. In addition to this lineup, Baratza has also released a weight based grinding attachment for their grinders, the Baratza Esatto. One popular mantra from the coffee world is: the biggest investment a coffee fan can make is in a high quality grinder. Baratza has made the "investment" part of that coffee truism a lot more attainable.