You are here
Baratza Vario-W Weight Based Grinder
Click here to see why
Those that want the most consistent results in their coffee brewing weigh their coffee doses. Up until now, one has needed a scale to partner with their grinder to pull this off. Baratza has answered the challenge and rocked the coffee world with their newest grinding innovation: a weight based grinding system. Along with a self-contained system, the Esatto, which can be paired with an existing Baratza model, Baratza has incorporated the weight based dosing system into their flagship coffee/espresso grinder, the Baratza Vario. This new weight based Vario is known as the Baratza Vario-W. This new version has the same features of the Baratza Vario, but incorporates in the weight based grinding technology.
- 54mm ceramic flat burrs manufactured by Mahlkonig, designed to last twice as long as steel burrs
- 230 repeatable grind settings
- Unique "dual cam" grind adjustment features two distinct adjustment levers
- Vario-W uses real-time weight-based grinding with a built-in electronic scale. Set the weight you want and the Vario-W grinds the coffee to within +/- 0.2 g while grinding, and stops automatically.
- Three programmable dosage buttons which allow you to set the dosage for three different brew sizes or methods.
- The Vario grinds approximately 1.5 grams/second at Espresso and 2.5 grams/second at Press.
- Digital LCD display tracks the weight dosage to the tenth of a gram.