Compak A-8 Automatic Espresso Grinder
Created within the mold of Compak's new Fresh line, the A-8 Automatic espresso grinder caters to professionals wanting an automated grinding process. The A-8 Automatic allows for control of all features at the touch of a button.
Accepting Orders Now, Expected to Ship by End of June
- The newest invention from Compak, an over 50 years old company who assembles all their grinders by hand.
- Offers three modes of grinding: Automatic, Pre-dosis, and Manual.
- Electronic display with multiple special features.
- Built-in aluminum tamper
- 1-year warranty from the date of purchase on materials used and workmanship.
- Selection of 1 or 2 coffees ground on demand (Automatic Mode)
- Selection of 1 or 2 coffees previously ground (Pre-Dosis Mode).
- Manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display. (Manual Mode)
- Completely new dosing system, electronics, and control system.
- The electronic display shows the grinding scale, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, cleaning setting for easy maintenance, and multi-language display.
- Powerful 1/2hp motor
- 83mm conical burrs
- Adaptor for coffee cans and PET containers
- Hopper Capacity (lb/kg)- 4.2/1.9
- Production (lb-h/kg-h)- 31-35/14-16
- Dosing Time (7g)- 2.5/sec
- Motor Power (w)- 420
- RPM- 1300
- Grinding Disc Diameter (in/mm)- conical 3.3/83
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
|Width:||8.3" (210 mm)|
|Depth:||15" (380 mm)|
|Height:||26" (660 mm)|
|Weight:||33.5 lbs. (15.2 kg)|
As the interest in specialty coffee continues to increase, so does the interest in brewing methods that best compliment the quality and ideals of specialty coffee. Up until this point there have been limited options when it comes to pour over brewing devices that offer both a small learning curve as well as excellent results. Garnering praise for both their calculated design and ease of use, the Kalita line of pour over brewers are helping that small list of brewers grow. The Kalita Wave Dripper is being offered in both small (1-2 people) and large (1-4 people). The small size is offered in both glass and stainless steel while the large size is offered in glass, stainless steel, and ceramic. For an overview of the unique style the Kalita Wave Dripper brings to the pour over method, a feature chart that overviews the design, technique, and advantage can be found below.
$1,687.00(For a guest barista review, click here.) Anfim's Super Caimano espresso grinder, upon its initial release, was a solid addition to any high-end coffee house. It featured a 75mm flat burr set that helped to give a very consistent grind, allowing baristas to rely upon it for excellent shot-to-shot uniformity. When dialing in a coffee, the Super Caimano had 70 holes in its adjustment collar to allow for tinkering between shots. Now, however, Anfim has added an additional 20 spots for a total of 90 holes in the adjustment collar. The benefit of this? When dialing in and finding the sweet spot for any coffee being used to pull shots of espresso, a key factor the barista must take into consideration is the size of the grind particles. Yes, uniformity and consistency of those grind particles is also key, but the ability to make tiny, incremental adjustments is always helpful when striving to find the right balance of all a coffee's characteristics when pulled as espresso.
Small, lightweight, and portable, the Skerton is the ideal hand grinder for the traveling coffee enthusiast, or the home enthusiast on a limited budget. The Skerton employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can easily handle anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. The Skerton’s detachable 100 gr. glass jar is perfect for collecting the grounds, and in combination with the plastic screw-on lid (included in order) can even double as a storage unit for whole beans on those long trips. After grinding is finished, cleaning the Skerton is as easy as placing the unit in the dishwasher since the entire grinder is dishwasher safe. Whether you desire a quality, handy grinder for the road or enjoy the fine art of manual coffee preparation, the Hario Skerton is the ideal candidate. For an even more portable hand grinder from Hario, check out the Mini Mill (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill).