La Marzocco GB/5 2 Group Mechanical Paddle Manual Espresso Machine
Featuring PID temperature controls, solid-state relays, pre-heating system and adjustable steam flow. The GB/5 takes temperature stability to a new level, electronically monitoring all machine functions. Saturated brewing groups and dual boiler-technology inside. Ideal for the most classic & elegant cafes.
- Dual-boiler technology and saturated brewing groups.
- Steam Boiler Capacity: 7 Liters.
- Coffee Boiler Capacity: 3.4 Liters.
- Manual Pre-Infusion Mechanical Paddle.
- 2 Groups.
- Stainless steel boilers & brewing groups.
- PID temperature control (proportional integral derivative).
- Brew water pre-heating system.
- Multifunction keypads and digital display.
- Customized steam valve with adjustable steam flow.
- Omni-directional stainless steel steam wands.
- Hot water economizer.
- Solid stainless steel housing and base.
- High wattage heating elements.
Manual Pre-Infusion with La Marzocco's Mechanical Paddle:
- Results that match the traditional "lever" machine, without the exertion!
- pre-infusion under water supply network pressure through shift of the mechanical valve inside the group head.
- pre-infusion under water supply network pressure simultaneously on all groups, even with the pump turned on.
- manual regulation of water flow on the coffee panel.
Options (call for more info):
- High base (for larger cups sizes).
- High legs.
- Cup warmer.
- Auto steam.
- Portaflon kit with coated portafilters and steam wands.
- Barista lights.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
|Voltage:||200 Single/Three Phase (see options below)|
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
Few advancements in espresso machine technology over the past fifty years could be called revolutionary. The latest advancement featured in La Marzocco's Strada Electronic Paddle (EP) is one that has earned that title. Pressure profiling was first introduced into the mass market in 2009 by the Slayer Espresso Machine. The La Marzocco Strada takes this new technology to the next level by allowing the barista to save up to four pressure profiles at any given time. Along with the ability to save profiles, each group has a digital display that shows the temperature (±0.1°C), shot time, and current bars of pressure (±.1 Bar). The Strada perfectly combines the durability and workmanship of La Marzocco with the technology of the future.