You are here
La Marzocco Strada Electronic Paddle 2 Group Espresso Machine
Click here to see why
This product has options:
La Marzocco is running a limited release of the Strada EP. Please contact our offices with order inquiries.
The La Marzocco Strada EP allows the barista to variably control the brew pressure throughout the duration of the espresso shot. The barista can incrementally control the brew pressure to a tenth of a bar of pressure from 0-12 bars. The barista can then choose to save up to four different repeatable profiles.
Innovative Technology: Internal Gear Pumps
The pressure control in the Strada EP is made possible by La Marzocco's new electronically geared pumps. Unlike the traditional rotary pump which must be installed remotely (normally under the counter) and handles the pressure for the entire machine, the much smaller geared pumps are contained within the machine body and independently control the pressure for each group head.
Each group has its own dedicated display which shows the brew temperature (±0.1°C), brew pressure (±.1 bar), shot timer, and operating mode.
La Marzocco has taken every step possible to ensure the greatest degree of temperature stability in their machines and the Strada is no exception. Temperature stability is important as coffee can easily become bitterly over-extracted due to temperatures too hot or under-extracted due to temperatures too cold. The Strada EP implements three means of ensuring this much needed temperature stability: saturated group heads, pre-heated intake water, and P.I.D.
The saturated group heads are exposed to the hot water from the coffee boiler ensuring the group remains at proper brewing temperature. The pre-heated intake water takes water headed to the brew boiler through a heat exchanger which ensures that the water freshly entering the brew boiler does not impact the brew temperature selected. The P.I.D. is technology that electronically controls the boiler to precisely maintain the specified brewing temperature.
- Electronic Paddle - Electronically controlled gear pumps provide precise and progressive pressure control. The barista can save up to four profiles for future use.
- Hot Water Economizer - Enables you to set the tap temperature.
- Cup Warmer - Helps keep cups at a proper temperature.
- Tall Cups - Two adjustable levels for the drip tray allows the barista to adjust as needed.
- Stainless Steel Portafilters - Easy to clean single and double stainless steel portafilters with snap-on spouts and integrated tamping stand.
- Individual Group Boilers - Independent boilers allows the barista to customize the temperature for each group head.
|Model:||Strada EP 2 Group|
|Basket Size:||58 mm|
|Coffee Boiler:||1.3 L per Group|
|Steam Boiler:||8.2 L|
|PID:||Yes - control to a tenth of degree Celcius.|
|Group Head to Drain Tray:||N/A - Adjustable (2 Positions)|
|Electrical:||220 volts / 4600 Watts|
|Dimensions:||31.5" W x 26" D x 17.8" H|
|Color:||Stainless / Red & Black Details|
|Warranty:||One Year Parts and One Year Service|
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.