Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over Espresso Machine
Nuova Simonelli has produced espresso machines for over 70 years, manufacturing machines that promise premium performance under demanding circumstances. Their coffee machines are reliable, user friendly, multifunctional, and ergonomic. The Musica puts the quality of Nuova Simonelli's commercial machines into a more compact, single group. prosumer machine. The incredible temperature stability of the Musica's famous thermo-compensated grouphead along with the plentiful steaming power makes this machine a coveted machine for home enthusiasts or espresso catering.
Free Espresso Machine Starter Kit With Purchase!
Kit Option 1 Includes:
Kit Option 2 Includes:
*Call or e-mail for size adjustments or substitutions.
- Water temperature is stabilized by an efficient heat exchanger inside the boiler tank (insulated to save energy).
- Large 2 Liter Copper Boiler.
- Heat-Exhanger allows you to steam milk and pull shots at the same time and ensures plenty of steam available for foaming milk.
- Thermo Compensated Grouphead is and has a pre-infusion system that allows a soft beginning to the extraction process.
- Programmable Hot water spout.
- 3 Liter Water Tank, complete with waterstop valve and anti-scale cartridge, is located behind the large cup warmer shelf on the top. We also sells a direct water connection version (Musica Direct Connect Listing).
- The professional portafilter has an ergonomic design, as does the practical cursor steam lever
- The elegant button pad with backlit soft-touch buttons (the brightness can be adjusted) is also an intuitive instrument panel with indicator lights ("no water" and "heating element on").
- The volumetric dosing system can store up to three different dose settings
- Beautiful stainless steel body
- Standard version comes with black rim. The "Lux" model features glowing soft blue lights in the place of the black rim. This model does have an additional cost and can be selected from the menu above. The lights can be turned on and off independently of the machine.
- Visible boiler pressure gauge
- Steam lever similar to commercial Nuova Simonelli machines allows you to easily control the steam pressure.
- Before hitting the steam nozzle, point the end of the steam wand into an empty container or point it towards the drip tray. This is to get rid of the water that might first come out when you turn on the steam wand.
- When dry steaming begins exiting the steam wand, you can turn it off. You are now ready to start steaming your milk.
- Do not fill your milk pitcher more than halfway full with cold milk
- Make sure the tip of the steam wand is fully submerged before you turn on the steam.
- After you begin steaming, you can raise the steam wand so that the tip is barely submerged. If the tip is submerged too much the milk will begin to squeal meaning it needs more aeration. If you bring the tip too far out you will hear a heavy chirping or sucking sound. This will result in big bubbles and a possible mess.
- You should aim for slight chirping up until the milk reaches room temperature. At that point you can submerge the tip of the wand to one side of the pitcher to create a swirling motion. Continue this until the steaming pitcher becomes too hot to the touch or a couple seconds after you have to take your hand off of the bottom or side (this should be around 140°).
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double).
- Stainless Steel blank disk for backflushing
- Plastic Tamper
- Coffee Scoop
- Incredible build quality from a renown espresso machine company.
- Heat Exchanger machine with large 2 L boiler will produce plenty of steam.
- Hot water tap.
- A sturdy machine that will take up quite a bit of space on your cabinet. (10 5/8" W x 15 3/4" D x 16 15/16" H)
- Hefty price tag.
- Plain water backflushing should be done at least once a week. To backflush, use the portafilter's backflush disc. Take out your single or double basket and securely place the blank insert into the portafilter. To perform a plain water backflush, place the portafilter into the group head. Then raise the brew lever all the way up for 15 seconds, and then lower it. Water will forcefully discharge out of the bottom of the group into the drip tray; this is normal. Repeat three to five times.
- Backflush with detergent like Urnex Full Circle (see options above) once every fifty extractions.
- Warranty: One-year labor and two years parts provided by US distributor.
|Model:||Musica - Tank|
|Boiler Type:||Heat Exchanger|
|Three Way Solenoid:||Yes|
|Basket Size:||58 mm|
|Coffee Boiler:||2 L|
|Water Reservoir:||3 L|
|Electrical:||110 volts / 1200 Watts / 15 Amps|
|Dimensions:||10 5/8" W x 15 3/4" D x 16 15/16" H|
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
$1,687.00(For a guest barista review, click here.) Anfim's Super Caimano espresso grinder, upon its initial release, was a solid addition to any high-end coffee house. It featured a 75mm flat burr set that helped to give a very consistent grind, allowing baristas to rely upon it for excellent shot-to-shot uniformity. When dialing in a coffee, the Super Caimano had 70 holes in its adjustment collar to allow for tinkering between shots. Now, however, Anfim has added an additional 20 spots for a total of 90 holes in the adjustment collar. The benefit of this? When dialing in and finding the sweet spot for any coffee being used to pull shots of espresso, a key factor the barista must take into consideration is the size of the grind particles. Yes, uniformity and consistency of those grind particles is also key, but the ability to make tiny, incremental adjustments is always helpful when striving to find the right balance of all a coffee's characteristics when pulled as espresso.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.