Ascaso Dream UP Espresso Machine - DUbbVdb
The Dream Up espresso and cappuccino machine is the newest update to Ascaso's consumer line. Its classic retro look is combined with Ascaso's build quality to provide a premium consumer machine. This series is extremely versatile because it can use either ground coffee or proportioned single serving espresso pods, also known or labeled as E.S.E.. The "Up" stands for updated and signifies the beginning of a new era of Dream machines. The new Up include new features such as a 3 way solenoid valve, an adjustable over-pressure valve, and an aluminum tamper.
- Simple to Use Controls: Power switch along with extraction and steam switches.
- Temperature Gauge: front mounted temperature gauge monitors the temperature of the boiler in both coffee mode and steam mode. Read in Celsius.
- New 3-Way Solenoid Valve de-pressurizes the brew group meaning the user can remove the portafilter immediately following a shot. This also means that the user can perform a back-flush to clean the machine when necessary.
- Brass Boiler - Made of heat distributing brass, this boiler can get up to temperature quickly and stay there, with a fast recycling time. Two thermostats control the temperature for espresso and for steam, and a third that specifically monitors the boiler to protect it from overheating if the machine is left unattended for long periods.
- Quality Chrome Plated Brass Grouphead: designed for consistent heat and water distribution for more consistent and better extraction.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam: Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap. When frothing milk with this machine, please make sure to have the little hole in the frothing adapter positioned at the top level of the milk. Doing it this way will help aerate the milk froth.
- Heavy Duty Filter Baskets: Stainless steel single and double 57mm espresso baskets as well as a pod basket for single dose ESE pods.
- 48 oz. removable water reservoir with water level indicator. Can be filled during use or at faucet. We recommend running tap water through a filter first to ensure longevity of the brew boiler.
- 16 BAR water pump.
- Polished stainless steel cup tray and a drip pan with easy removal for cleaning.
- The Dream UP is constructed of corrosion resistant aluminum for extra long life. The aluminum is then finished in a chip resistant enamel paint.
- The new UP model includes an over-pressure valve as well as an aluminum tamper.
- Flip the switch for steam mode and wait until the temperature light goes off (this means it is up to temperature).
- Before turning the steam nozzle, point the end of the steam wand into an empty container or point it towards the drip tray. This is to get rid of any water that might first come out when you turn on the steam wand.
- When dry steaming begins exiting the steam wand, you can turn it off. You are now ready to start steaming your milk.
- Do not fill your milk pitcher more than halfway full with cold milk
- Make sure the tip of the steam wand is fully submerged before you turn on the steam.
- After you begin steaming, you can raise the steam wand so that the tip is barely submerged. If the tip is submerged too much the milk will begin to squeal meaning it needs more aeration. If you bring the tip too far out you will hear a heavy chirping or sucking sound. This will result in big bubbles and a possible mess.
- You should aim for slight chirping up until the milk reaches room temperature. At that point you can submerge the tip of the wand to one side of the pitcher to create a swirling motion. Continue this until the steaming pitcher becomes too hot to the touch or a couple seconds after you have to take your hand off of the bottom or side (this should be around 140°).
- Heavy-duty chrome plated brass portafilter - one portafilter with single filter basket and double filter basket as well as a pod basket for single dose ESE pods.
- 57mm aluminum tamper
- An affordable high quality home machine.
- Includes some premium features like brass boiler for increased temperature stability and chrome plated brass portafilter.
- Small, single boiler machine means you cannot steam milk and brew at the same time.
- Dispersion basket design caters more towards pods with water dispersing more from the center of the screen.
- Plain water backflushing should be done at least once a week. To backflush, use the portafilter's backflush disc. Take out your single or double basket and securely place the blank insert into the portafilter. To perform a plain water backflush, place the portafilter into the group head. Then raise the brew lever all the way up for 15 seconds, and then lower it. Water will forcefully discharge out of the bottom of the group into the drip tray; this is normal. Repeat three to five times.
- Backflush with detergent like Cafiza (see options above) once every fifty extractions.
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor provided by US distributor. (Shipping costs to distributor excluded)
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
Notes: 1. manual will state that some accessories (i.e. pod handle) are included with the machine. This is a universal worldwide manual that encompasses all different configurations of this machine. 2. Polished Aluminum Models Only - A few customers have complained about stains on the aluminum sections of the body. These parts are very delicate to certain types of water. It's very important not to expose this machine to humidity. If spots appear, we recommend cleaning with alcohol or a high quality aluminum polish cleaner. 3. This machine can only use single dose E.S.E. (easy serving espresso) pods. Double pods and regular coffee pods will not fit in this machine.
|Basket Size:||57 mm|
|Water Reservoir:||1.3 L|
|Dimensions:||9.6" W x 11" D x 13.6" H|
Ever forgotten water on the stove until it evaporated... needed to consistently maintain the temperature of your water without constantly monitoring it... been frustrated that your old kettle could not be removed from its electric base for easy pouring and cleaning? The Pino Digital Kettle Pro is the answer to these water heating frustrations! With such standard features as a Digital Display with which the water temperature can be set and maintained, an easily detachable base for quick and safe pouring and cleaning, an easy-to-read water gauge, and "No Water" protection which automatically turns the kettle off when it runs out of water; the Digital Kettle Pro is one of the top kettles for heating water quickly and efficiently.
$81.98It can be difficult in the world of specialty coffee to find a brewer that not only looks fantastic but also produces a fantastic product. Eva Solo has done an exceptional job of combining both elements into the Cafe Solo. The Solo seems a little strange upon first glance for the very reason that it may be the first coffee brewer of its kind: one that is clothed. The designers at Eva Solo had the ingenious idea of using the same material that keeps divers warm (neoprene) and wrapping it around the glass carafe... thus keeping the coffee hot during the 4 minute brewing period.
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.
One of the top coffee grinder manufacturers has just released one of the most versatile grinders to date. With the capability of grinding from French press to espresso, the Mahlkonig Pro M provides the grinding range that would normally require two separate grinders. The grinding range combined with features like the "hands free" operation and break functionality help make this grinder ideal for both low-medium volume commercial settings and home use.