Nuova Simonelli Aurelia Semi-Automatic 3 Group Espresso Coffee Machine - Competizione WBC PID Edition
Nuova Simonelli has produced espresso machines for over 70 years manufacturing machines that promise premium performance under demanding circumstances. Their coffee machines are reliable, user friendly, multifunctional, and ergonomic. The Nuova Simonelli Aurelia Espresso Coffee Machine is the official espresso machine of the World Barista Championships. The Aurelia 3 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine is praised for its technology, maximum practicality, and easy use.
- PID controlled brew boiler for precise brewing temperatures.
- Each group head has a one liter boiler of fresh water on reserve that never comes in contact with a heating element, thus, avoiding alkalinity spikes from stagnant water.
- Soft Infusion System guarantees a perfect extraction.
- Boiler Capacity: 17 liters
- Steam wand Cool-Touch system.
- Features Unique to WBC Edition: WBC Emblem, Lighted Group Heads, teflon lined portafilters with leather handles.
- Only espresso machine certified as ergonomic by the European Institute of Psychology and Ergonomics.
- Installation included.
- Warranty: 1 year Labor and 2 years Parts.
- Official Machine of the World Barista Championships
- Work surface supports low cup or tall glass.
- Electric cup warmer.
- Requires a Nema L6-30 Twist power receptacle.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
$1,687.00(For a guest barista review, click here.) Anfim's Super Caimano espresso grinder, upon its initial release, was a solid addition to any high-end coffee house. It featured a 75mm flat burr set that helped to give a very consistent grind, allowing baristas to rely upon it for excellent shot-to-shot uniformity. When dialing in a coffee, the Super Caimano had 70 holes in its adjustment collar to allow for tinkering between shots. Now, however, Anfim has added an additional 20 spots for a total of 90 holes in the adjustment collar. The benefit of this? When dialing in and finding the sweet spot for any coffee being used to pull shots of espresso, a key factor the barista must take into consideration is the size of the grind particles. Yes, uniformity and consistency of those grind particles is also key, but the ability to make tiny, incremental adjustments is always helpful when striving to find the right balance of all a coffee's characteristics when pulled as espresso.
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.
$48.62Tampers are as diverse as the baristas who use them. Our new tamper meets the needs of almost any barista, whether professionally trained or newly beginning. With its durable aluminum handle and wide, smooth top, the tamper is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into the palm unlike other overly rounded handles which can press a little too tightly into the hand of the barista, or flat topped handles which can become uncomfortable after extended use.
The base of the Prima tamper is of a hefty 304 stainless steel design. This solid steel base combined with the light, detachable aluminum handle adds balanced weight to the tamper which helps aid the barista in providing an even tamp, shot after shot.