Vibiemme Domobar Junior HX Manual Stainless Espresso Machine
Known for its history, style, and incredible build quality, Vibiemme has become a coveted machine since its introduction to the U.S. The Italian company based out of Milano, was started by three executives from the legendary Faema company. These men brought along their expertise and patent for the famous E61 grouphead. This commercial size grouphead (named after the year of its invention) is best known for its heavy brass composition for superior temperature stability as well as its passive pre-infusion system. The Vibiemme Junior model is an affordable and space saving alternative to the Vibiemme Super models.
Free Espresso Machine Starter Kit With Purchase!
*Call or e-mail for size adjustments or substitutions.
- Vibiemme's exclusive and original E-61 grouphead provides an active flow of water from the grouphead to the heat exchanger in the boiler as well as pre-infusion.
- The Heat Exchanger allows you to brew and steam milk simultaneously.
- Boiler and pump pressure gauges.
- Removable 2.0 liter pour-over water reservoir.
- Multi-directional steam and hot water wands.
- Large adjustable overpressure valve (OPV) which opens when there is too much pump pressure.
- Boiler capacity: 1 liter, 100mm diameter, solid, vertical copper boiler.
- Jaeger pressurstat monitors boiler pressure (which directly correlates to the temperature)
- 41 watt vibratory pump ("vibe" pump) rated up to 15 bar with air valve bypass
- Heavy vacuum breaker valve
- One-way valve to eliminate back pressure from the boiler
- Low water level light in middle indicates when water level in water reservoir in rear is low
- Large stainless steel drip tray which can be easily (slides out with pull of handle) removed for cleaning. Grate stays on machine when pulling out drip tray so that it is one step to empty
- Before turning the steam nozzle, point the end of the steam wand into an empty container or point it towards the drip tray. This is to get rid of any water that might first come out when you turn on the steam wand.
- When dry steaming begins exiting the steam wand, you can turn it off. You are now ready to start steaming your milk.
- Do not fill your milk pitcher more than halfway full with cold milk
- Make sure the tip of the steam wand is fully submerged before you turn on the steam.
- After you begin steaming, you can raise the steam wand so that the tip is barely submerged. If the tip is submerged too much the milk will begin to squeal meaning it needs more aeration. If you bring the tip too far out you will hear a heavy chirping or sucking sound. This will result in big bubbles and a possible mess.
- You should aim for slight chirping up until the milk reaches room temperature. At that point you can submerge the tip of the wand to one side of the pitcher to create a swirling motion. Continue this until the steaming pitcher becomes too hot to the touch or a couple seconds after you have to take your hand off of the bottom or side (this should be around 140°).
- Professional grade brass portafilters - one portafilter with single spout and single filter basket and one portafilter with dual spout and double filter basket
- Blind filter basket for backflushing
- Plastic coffee scoop
- A cheap tamper (We recommend purchasing a 58 mm Prima Coffee Tamper from the drop down menu above)
- Smaller machine footprint for those that need the extra counter space.
- Heat Exchanger provides on-demand steaming.
- E61 grouphead provides further temperature stability from its thermosyphon circulation and metal mass as well as pre-infusion.
- Smaller boiler (1L) and water reservoir (2L) than the Vibiemme Super machines.
- Exposed E61 groupheads can burn if touched while brewing.
- Two stage power switch (on/off) requires particular attention upon initial machine startup. When powering on for the first time, please make sure the intake reservoir hose (has large particle filter) draws in water. Once the pump activates for a several seconds and release, squeeze this hose for 3 seconds. If you hear a different pump noise, the pump is working. If the pump sounds the same, power down machine and call us. If you hear no pump noise for the first 30 seconds of powering on, power down the machine and call us as a wire may have come off the pump.
- Plain water backflushing should be done at least once a week. To backflush, use the portafilter's backflush disc. Take out your single or double basket and securely place the blank insert into the portafilter. To perform a plain water backflush, place the portafilter into the group head. Then raise the brew lever all the way up for 15 seconds, and then lower it. Water will forcefully discharge out of the bottom of the group into the drip tray; this is normal. Repeat three to five times.
- Backflush with detergent like Cafiza (see options above) once every fifty extractions.
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor provided by US distributor.
|Model:||Domobar Junior HX - Manual - Tank|
|Boiler Type:||Heat Exchanger|
|Basket Size:||58 mm|
|Coffee Boiler:||1 L|
|Water Reservoir:||2.0 L|
|Electrical:||115 volts / 1600 Watts / 15 Amp|
|Dimensions:||9" W x 17" D x 16" H|
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
One of the top coffee grinder manufacturers has just released one of the most versatile grinders to date. With the capability of grinding from French press to espresso, the Mahlkonig Pro M provides the grinding range that would normally require two separate grinders. The grinding range combined with features like the "hands free" operation and break functionality help make this grinder ideal for both low-medium volume commercial settings and home use.
$15.00The Prima Coffee t-shirt exudes coolness and style, and is a prerequisite for genuine hipster status. You are sure to gain instant coffee street cred when sporting one of these fine shirts, which are more epic than Three Wolf Moon. Whether you are in need of an extra layer of clothing for the harsh winter, looking for an extra boost in self-confidence, or if you just want to attract the attention of your favorite barista, this shirt is exactly what you are looking for. Coming in sizes S-XL and in four colors (Black, Chocolate Brown, Fatigue Green, and Navy Blue), this shirt is sure to satisfy your fashion needs, and is likely to bring you all sorts of friendships you never could have imagined.