Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
The Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder has some big shoes to fill. For the past few years, the Baratza Maestro and Baratza Maestro Plus have set the bar for quality coffee grinding at home. The Baratza Encore has evolved out of the Maestro and Maestro Plus to bring about even greater grinding capabilities at the same affordable price. With updated hardened steel burrs and a new gear box, the Encore grinder brings the capability of grinding for espresso to Baratza's introductory model. The Encore has retained the front pulse button featured on the Maestro Plus to allow for easy on-demand grinding, and reverted the side on/off switch to a multi-directional on/off rather than the previous timer knob. With the improvements of the updated burrs and Baratza's Gearbox 2.0, Baratza has once again provided an unprecedented combination of quality and affordability for home coffee drinkers everywhere.
- Burrs: Updated 40mm hardened steel conical burrs
- Grind Adjustment: 40 settings from fine to coarse allows a grind range of 250 to 1200 microns
- Motor: A 450 RPM DC motor with gear speed reducer helps keep the beans cool while grinding. Gear speed reducer also reduces noise as well as heat and static build up. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Gearbox 2.0: Adds increased strength and durability of the drive transmission, all the while decreasing the noise output. The new gearbox includes a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, as well as a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic. This thermo plastic is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better, and is more shock resistant. During Baratza's testing of the Encore, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately due to the thermal cutout, helping preserve the gears. The gearbox is automatically-resettable if this were to happen.
- On-Demand Grinding: Front-mounted pulse button allows for easy, on-demand grinding, helpful for when you're grinding directly into a brew basket.
- Hopper Capacity: 8oz (227 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5oz (142 g)
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 13.8" x 6.3"
- Weight: 7 lbs
- Power Rating: 110V AC 50/60Hz 1 Amp
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Warranty: One year
$48.62Tampers are as diverse as the baristas who use them. Our new tamper meets the needs of almost any barista, whether professionally trained or newly beginning. With its durable aluminum handle and wide, smooth top, the tamper is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into the palm unlike other overly rounded handles which can press a little too tightly into the hand of the barista, or flat topped handles which can become uncomfortable after extended use.
The base of the Prima tamper is of a hefty 304 stainless steel design. This solid steel base combined with the light, detachable aluminum handle adds balanced weight to the tamper which helps aid the barista in providing an even tamp, shot after shot.
Few advancements in espresso machine technology over the past fifty years could be called revolutionary. The latest advancement featured in La Marzocco's Strada Electronic Paddle (EP) is one that has earned that title. Pressure profiling was first introduced into the mass market in 2009 by the Slayer Espresso Machine. The La Marzocco Strada takes this new technology to the next level by allowing the barista to save up to four pressure profiles at any given time. Along with the ability to save profiles, each group has a digital display that shows the temperature (±0.1°C), shot time, and current bars of pressure (±.1 Bar). The Strada perfectly combines the durability and workmanship of La Marzocco with the technology of the future.
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.