Mazzer Mini Electronic Doserless Espresso Grinder - Type A
The Mazzer Mini Electronic grinder is ideal for the serious home barista. It is commercially designed, but its compact size is conducive to home kitchen use. Its variable grind settings and ease of use functions make this grinder an ideal choice. In addition to home espresso use, many have used this in a commercial setting as a grinder for pour over coffee brewing. This doserless Mazzer Mini E grinder grinds directly into the portafilter.
- Electronic version is doserless version of the Mazzer Mini meaning it grinds directly into the portafilter.
- Flat Steel Grinding Burrs: 64mm
- Coffee bean hopper capacity: 1.3 lbs
- Adjustable doser: 4g-9g
- Stepless grind settings
- Heavy duty die-cast aluminum body.
- Short hopper designed to fit into a compact space.
- This electronic version is Type A: Push button panel operating device.
- Color: Black or Silver
- Short Hopper is available as an add-on by clicking for available options above. *The Short Hopper does not come with a lid, but the lid that comes with the grinder will fit it.*
What does Type A mean?
- Mazzer makes two types of Mazzer Mini Electronic grinders. Type A has push button controls for dosing that are on top of the dosing chamber. Type B, which we do not currently offer, has a button located between the dosing adjustments below the doser that the barista pushes with the portafilter to dose the coffee.
- With this Type A model, there are three push-buttons on the top for dosing: Single Dose, Double Dose, and the on-demand grind button.
- The On-Demand grind button will grind coffee as long as you are holding the button down. The Single and Double Dose buttons are pressed and then grind the programmed dosage that has been set.
- Dose of Single and Double shots can be set and adjusted via the digital display and controls.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.
Hario Skerton grinder is handy for manual home and travel grinding, it can also be slightly more cumbersome for an extended road trip where only a small amount of grinding will be done (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill). For those trips (or homes) where a minimal amount of grinding is needed, the Hario Mini Mill Slim is the perfect grinding solution. The Mini Mill employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can effortlessly handle 24 grams of anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. Because of its lightweight (0.5 lbs) and sleek plastic body, the Mini Mill easily fits into small carrying bags and suitcases without adding a lot of extra weight. This, in conjunction with the Aerobie AeroPress coffee maker, has the propensity to make excellent coffee anywhere hot water and fresh beans are available.
The Hario Mini Mill is a traveling coffee enthusiast’s dream come true.... and with its ability to grind to the fine quality needed for espresso, it can be paired with a hand-held travel espresso maker such as the mypressi TWIST (and an excellent choice of beans) to achieve a quality rivaling the product found in many high-end espresso machines. Whether the need is grinding beans for a french press, Aeropress, or mypressi, the Mini Mill Slim is the perfect travel solution.
Ever forgotten water on the stove until it evaporated... needed to consistently maintain the temperature of your water without constantly monitoring it... been frustrated that your old kettle could not be removed from its electric base for easy pouring and cleaning? The Pino Digital Kettle Pro is the answer to these water heating frustrations! With such standard features as a Digital Display with which the water temperature can be set and maintained, an easily detachable base for quick and safe pouring and cleaning, an easy-to-read water gauge, and "No Water" protection which automatically turns the kettle off when it runs out of water; the Digital Kettle Pro is one of the top kettles for heating water quickly and efficiently.