You are here
Eva Solo Cafe Solo Coffee Brewer, 1.4 liter, Black
Click here to see why.
This product has options:
It can be difficult in the world of specialty coffee to find a brewer that not only looks fantastic but also produces a fantastic product. Eva Solo has done an exceptional job of combining both elements into the Cafe Solo. The Solo seems a little strange upon first glance for the very reason that it may be the first coffee brewer of its kind: one that is clothed. The designers at Eva Solo had the ingenious idea of using the same material that keeps divers warm (neoprene) and wrapping it around the glass carafe... thus keeping the coffee hot during the 4 minute brewing period.
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.
- Saturation of grounds in full immersion assures complete extraction
- Modern design fits in any kitchen
- Neoprene sleeve keeps coffee hot longer than would a glass pot
- Volume: 1.4 Liters
- Standard features of the Cafe Solo:
- Implements full immersion brewing which ensures that all of the grounds are fully extracted evenly.
- Includes smart, tip-up lid which makes pouring easy and automatic - no residual spray from popping spouts!
- Neoprene sleeve can be easily removed for cleaning.
- All parts except neoprene sleeve are completely dishwasher safe. Neoprene sleeve can be rinsed under cold water (or machine washed at 86 deg. F / 30 C)
- Includes a heavy duty plastic paddle for stirring.
- Patented drip-free top virtually eliminates dripping while pouring.
- Also available in 0.6 liter and 1.0 liter volumes.
- Package Includes:
- 1 x 1.4 liter glass carafe
- 1 x plastic stirring paddle
- 1 x metal mesh filter assembly with patented lid
- 1 x neoprene sleeve with zipper
- Brewing Instructions:
- Pre-heat glass carafe while grinding beans and boiling water
- Pour medium-coarse ground coffee into the carafe
- Pour boiling hot water (we recommend 200 deg. F water) into the carafe
- Using the provided plastic paddle, stir the grounds and water for 10-20 seconds
- Put the lid on and allow the coffee sit for 4 minutes until the grounds are fully extracted
- Immediately serve the coffee or pour it into a pre-heated thermal pot (we recommend a Zojirushi carafe) so it does not become over-extracted.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 60-72 grams of coffee - coarse grind
~ 1.0-1.2 liters of water
~ 195-205 degrees
~ 4:00 brew time