You are here
OptiPure OP175-16 Reverse Osmosis System with Mineral Addition for Coffee and Espresso
Click here to see why.
This product has options:
The OptiPure OP175/16 is a complete water treatment system, including integrated pre-filtration, reverse osmosis, and mineral addition.
This process begins with the use of its integrated pre-filtration feature, which aids in particulate and chlorine reduction, extending the longevity of the semi-permeable membrane. After that, the OptiPure OP175/16 utilizes reverse osmosis (RO) to remove the majority (capable of removing more than 97%) of the water’s total dissolved solids (TDS). Finally, a balance of minerals is dissolved into the RO water, allowing you to get your desired “Optimized” water TDS.
The system works at line pressure, capable of producing up to 175+ gallons of optimal quality water per day. Designed for situations where existing TDS removal is desired, the OP175/16 allows you to add a consistent balance of buffered TDS to eradicate issues associated with having poor water quality (high TDS, high hardness, high chloride, etc.). Not only does water quality affect flavor, it also can cause great damage to your equipment, including clogged group heads and ruined heating elements.
Included is a 16-gallon atmospheric storage tank with a top-mounted variable-flow re-pressurization system and a sub-micron, hydrophobic air breather filter. The tank essentially allows you stock up on “Optimized” water, since water can be pumped out much more quickly than it can be treated through the RO system. The pressure helps with the flow rate, and the air breather helps to prevent moisture and particulate contaminants.
The OptiPure OP175/16 takes up little space with its wall-mount or under-counter design. And with its color-coded hoses, clear directions, and included material, it is especially easy to install. The 16-gallon tank can be installed up to 10 feet away from the filtration system.
What’s in the box
- OptiPure OP175/16 Filtration System
- 2x CTO-Q10 Pre-Filters
- 1x AMS-QT15 Membrane Cartridge
- 1x MA-Q10 Post-Treatment
- 16 Gallon Atmospheric Storage Tank (with a top-mounted variable-flow re-pressurization system and a sub-micron air breather)
- Hose, Tubing, and Fittings
- Reduces total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water by 97+%
- Produces (at 77°F, 60psi) 175+ gallons of water per day (7.29 gallons per hour, 0.122 gallons per minutes)
- Achieves an optimized TDS of 40-80 ppm
- Stores 16 gallons of optimized water for high volume times
- Processor Dimensions: 20.6”h x 19.9”w x 7.8”d
- 16 Gallon Tank Dimensions: 27.3”h x 16.1”w x 20.4”l
- Connection - Feedwater: ⅜” Push Fit Tubing
- Operating Pressure Range: 60-85 psi at 0.5 gpm (3.5-5.9 bar)
- Inlet Water Temperature Range: 40°-100°F (4°-38°C)
- Drain Connection (within 5’ of unit): 2 gpm minimum flow
- Feed TDS: Up to 1200 ppm
- Feed pH: 6-10
- Hardness: 12 grains or less
- Free Chlorine: <2 mg/l
- Iron: 0.1mg/l max
- Turbidity: 0.05 ntu
- Manganese: 0.05mg/l max
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 0.0mg/l
Water quality must be assessed prior to installation. For best results, we suggest using a water test kit, though you can simply obtain information from your local water utility. If your water quality does not fit within OptiPure’s defined parameters, additional steps must be taken.