Urnex Espresso Starter Kit for Cleaning Espresso Equipment
Without proper care and maintenance, the lives of espresso machines and grinders can be shortened significantly. Coffee oils build up overtime, clinging especially to shower screens, filter baskets, portafilters, steam wands, and grinder internals. On top of that, residual oils on your equipment can emulsify and leach to new coffee oils, causing rancid flavors to enter into your next cup.
However, with a regular cleaning routine in place, the cleaning process is quite painless and substantial. With the Urnex Espresso Starter Kit, you get everything you need to maintain your espresso brewing situation, including Cafiza (detergent for espresso machines and accessories, as well as batch brewers), Grindz (tablets for cleaning grinders), Rinza (tablets for cleaning steam wands and milk pitchers), and even a grouphead cleaning brush.
What’s in the box?
- 1 Cafiza (4.4 oz) - Espresso Machine Cleaner
- 1 Grindz (8 tablets) - Grinder Cleaner
- 1 Rinza (3.7 oz) - Milk System Steaming Tablets
- 1 Scoopz - Espresso Brush with 1.5g scoop
- Add 3g Cafiza to blind filter basket.
- Backflush for 10 seconds, 5 times.
- Rinse portafilter with water.
- Backflush with water for 10 seconds, 5 times.
- Discard first shot of espresso.
- Add 1 capful of Grindz to grinder.
- Grind tablets through grinder.
- Grind and discard coffee to purge.
- Dose one Rinza tablet per 1 liter of water.
- Dissolve tablet to create solution.
- Soak steam wand for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
Scoopz Brush Instructions
- Use scoop to measure (2 scoops = 3g) Cafiza.
- Clean screens and group heads with bristles.
|Cafiza Net Weight:||125g (4.4 oz)|
|Grindz Tablets Net Weight:||105g (3.7 oz)|
|Rinza Tablets Quantity:||10 (10g; 28mm)|
|Scoopz Scooping Capacity:||1.5g (flat scoop of Cafiza)|