You are here
Yama Coffee Vacpot 3 Cup Tabletop Siphon/Syphon
Click here to see why
This product has options:
Siphon (or Syphon) brewers made their way to the U.S. at the end of the 19th century and became popular for their elegance, showmanship, and ability to produce a clean and flavorful cup of coffee. The combination of coffee as commodity and the convenience of electricity caused the Siphon brewer to fall off the map in the middle to late 20th century. Recently the Siphon has rode the wave of specialty (or culinary) coffee back into the spotlight. While the beautiful glass and open flame brewing process still keep the elegance and showmanship in tact, the Siphon is most coveted for it's ability to brew the best cup of coffee you've ever had. In the eyes of many coffee aficionados, the combination of full-immersion brewing, consistent temperature stability, and use of a cloth filter make the Siphon the ideal coffee brewer. It is the favorite method of many of us at Prima and we're confident you will love it as well. We know the Siphon can seem intimidating at first, so take a look at the links below for more information.
The 5 cup (591 mL) size siphon can be found here.
For detailed brewing instructions check out our Prima Coffee Siphon Brewing Guide.
- Complete vacuum pot set, including burner for burning denatured alcohol (denatured alcohol not included).
- 360 ml listed capacity brews one to three cups at a time.
- Cup = 120ml
- The vacuum pot brewing method is extremely hands-on, allowing a high degree of control over the brewing process.
- Beautifully designed and aesthetically pleasing.
- Comes complete with upper and lower glass brewing chambers, lid, stand, burner, coffee spoon, cloth filter, and filter holder.
- This listing is for a syphon with an included alcohol burner, if you would like to purchase a butane burner, add it in the options before adding to cart.
- Extra cloth filters available here.