Ultimate Home Brewing Kit - Baratza Encore, Chemex, Able Kone, Bonavita Variable Kettle, and Jennings CJ4000
Last year, we launched our Home Brewing Starter Kit. This year, we decided to add to our home brewing kit offering by creating our dream home brewing bundle. The result, is our Ultimate Home Brewing Kit. With this kit, we believe we've accomplished our goal of providing you with all the tools necessary to creating a great cup of coffee time and time again. This kit includes all that is in the Home Brewing Starter Kit, but upgrades the grinder to the Baratza Encore burr grinder, upgrades the kettle to Bonavita's Variable Pouring Kettle, and upgrades the filter to Able Brewing's re-usable Kone filter. Together with the Chemex and Jennings CJ4000 scale, this kit is the optimal set-up for coffee brewing at home. See the details on all this kit offers below.
- Pour-over brewers give you control over your coffee. Sure it takes a little work, but in the case of the Chemex, that work pays off in the resulting brewed cup. Plus, it doubles as a stylish server.
- The Chemex is a uniquely designed hour-glass brewer/server that uses specially designed filters to produce a clean cup of coffee.
- Capacity: 8 cup/40 oz.
- Available in either the wooden collar or glass handle model (to choose style, select from options above).
- For more information, see our 8 Cup Chemex Glass Coffeemaker listing.
- The quality of one's grinder makes the biggest difference in the coffee brewing process. Baratza grinders are widely known as the best quality home coffee grinders around, that's why we've included their Encore Grinder, a conical burr coffee grinder that produces a consistent grind.
- The Encore features updated stainless steel burrs with 40 grind settings.
- 450 RPM DC motor
- Button on the front allows for pulse grinding.
- One year warranty
- For more information, see our Baratza Encore Grinder listing.
Bonavita Variable Pouring Kettle:
- Easily the most innovative product of the year for home coffee brewing, Bonavita's Variable Pouring Kettle combines pouring control and temperature control into one package, not to mention the built-in timer functionality.
- A digital control panel on the base allos the user to seelct the desired water temperature for brewing. After heating, the temperature is maintained within 1-2 degrees for up to one hour.
- 1-liter (33.8 ounce) capacity
- For more information, see our Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric Pouring Kettle listing.
- Not only is Able Brewing's Kone reusable, saving paper and money, but it also takes pre-rinsing away the taste of paper out of the equation.
- Reusable filter that allows the natural coffee oils to come through into the cup.
- This third-generation Kone, has fine tuned the brewing holes to allow even less sediment through, as well as added a silicone top to help when cleaning.
- For more information, see our Able Kone Stainless Steel Filter listing.
Jennings CJ4000 Scale:
- One may not think of a scale being important to brewing great coffee, but in truth a scale is one of the most important tools in helping you reproduce that great brew morning after morning. The Jennings CJ4000 allows you to measure the coffee dose you're using and the water volume your brewing with, enabling you to create your own special coffee brewing recipe.
- Weight displayed in .5 gram increments.
- Auto-Off feature can be disabled to ensure the scale doesn't cut off while you're measuring your brew.
- For more information, see our Jennings CJ4000 listing.
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.
$53.00Hario's stainless steel water kettle, the V60 Buono, has been spotted popping up in coffee houses and the kitchens of baristas for some time now. A detailed search on the web will reveal, for the moment at least, that the Buono seems to be widely accepted as the most useful pouring kettle available. What makes this kettle so popular amongst pour-over enthusiasts? Several reasons stand out.
First, the thin pouring spout enables greater pouring precision as well as a slower, more consistent and controlled rate of pour, both of which are very helpful in achieving a precise, prolonged extraction.
Second, the stainless steel construction and large 1 liter capacity contribute toward keeping up the brew temperature for the duration of the entire brew cycle.
Third, the ergonomics involved in the design of the kettle help to make using it much easier. This may not seem like much, but if you're brewing large batches of coffee and pouring for three or more minutes per batch, doing several batches of coffee will quickly become a chore if your kettle doesn't cooperate with you.
Combine all of these facets with the fact that the Buono is manufactured by Hario, a very popular name in the coffee-brewing community, and the kettle's popularity is easily understood. For best results, combine the Buono with a V60 Dripper or Chemex to get a truly exceptional cup of coffee.
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.