Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
- Versatile Design makes anything from single-cups of coffee to concentrated espresso-like coffee
- Entire process takes 30 seconds - perfect for the busy coffee enthusiast
- Exceptionally easy clean-up
- Constructed with BPA-Free plastic
- Standard features of the AeroPress®:
- Makes exceptionally high quality single cups of coffee.
- Implements full immersion brewing without over-extraction (since the grounds get pressed down immediately).
- Implements regulated pressure and water temperature to get espresso-like sweetness and strength.
- Multipurpose funnel can be used for grounds or water and is also designed as a holder for the press when using smaller mugs
- Durable plastic design makes for easy setup and cleanup.
- 350 included filters give ample opportunity for experimentation and enjoyment without the expense of constantly purchasing new ones.
- To purchase extra filters, click here: AeroPress® Filters, Pack of 350.
- AeroPress® package includes:
- AeroPress® plunger and chamber
- Paddle for stirring
- 350 microfilters and plastic filter holder
- Coffee Scoop
AeroPress® Brewing Process:
- Remove plunger and cap from chamber, insert filter into cap and twist cap back onto chamber.
- Place chamber over sturdy mug.
- Put two scoops of medium-fine ground coffee into the chamber with the provided AeroPress® scoop (appr. 24 grams)
- Pour hot water slowly into the chamber to the number "2" (Aerobi recommends 175ºF water but there is much debate and it seems that 195ºF water is a better temperature)
- Stir for 10 seconds with the provided paddle
- Wet the rubber seal and insert into the plunger, gently pressing down and maintaining an even pressure for 20-30 seconds until the plunger reaches the coffee.
- Enjoy sipping on your concentrated, espresso-like coffee or add some hot water to make a well-balanced, smooth cup of coffee
- To clean, simply rinse and reinsert the plunger. The AeroPress® is also dishwasher safe (top shelf only).
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 15 grams of coffee - medium grind
~ 250 milliliters of water
~ 195-205 degrees
~ 2:30 brew time
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.
As the interest in specialty coffee continues to increase, so does the interest in brewing methods that best compliment the quality and ideals of specialty coffee. Up until this point there have been limited options when it comes to pour over brewing devices that offer both a small learning curve as well as excellent results. Garnering praise for both their calculated design and ease of use, the Kalita line of pour over brewers are helping that small list of brewers grow. The Kalita Wave Dripper is being offered in both small (1-2 people) and large (1-4 people). The small size is offered in both glass and stainless steel while the large size is offered in glass, stainless steel, and ceramic. For an overview of the unique style the Kalita Wave Dripper brings to the pour over method, a feature chart that overviews the design, technique, and advantage can be found below.
For most companies it's hard to find motivation for pushing out new products if you find yourself on top already. This is not, however, the case with La Marzocco. The Italian based espresso machine manufacturer continues to push the envelop when it comes to innovations in espresso machine technology. The newest line from La Marzocco continues their progression in the specific areas of temperature stability and pressure profiling. We've discussed the Strada Electronic Paddle version in detail in our Strada EP blog post and listing for the 2 Group Strada EP. The Strada Mechanical Paddle employs technology similar to the Mechanical Paddles on other La Marzocco models but with a few new features including individual pressure gauges, digital PID control, and dedicated group boilers.