You are here
Hario Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot
This product has options:
To the delight of the cold brew crowd, Hario steps in with the Mizudashi and offers a delightfully simple solution for the at-home aficionado. Enjoying chilled coffee is a cinch with this all-in-one device, which includes everything but the beans themselves. Simply load the fine mesh basket with ground coffee, add an appropriate dose of cool water, and store in the refrigerator for several hours. The filter is easily removed for cleaning and the vessel itself can be used for both storage and service. The Mizudashi was made to do what others, like the French press, were manipulated for: using cold water to brew sweet, syrupy coffee.
- Made in Japan with Hario's famously tough glass and some plastic components
- Available in two sizes: 600 ml and 1000 ml
- Requires no extra parts or accessories
- Height: 8 in (small), 11.5 in (large)
- Recommended starting parameters for large Mizudashi: 80 g medium-ground coffee and 1000 ml cold water brewed for 18 hours in a refrigerator
- Also suitable for preparing hot coffee or tea
HarioOriginally known primarily as a company that produces glass products, Hario (also known as Hario Glass) has been working to produce high quality coffee and tea products since 1921. Over the past few years, Hario has become known as the coffee industry leader in pour over brewing equipment. Hario has helped bring about a coffee renaissance in the U.S. by creating ingeniously designed coffee brewing and grinding products that are being used by cafes and home coffee connoisseurs alike for by-the-cup coffee brewing. The design and methods behind Hario's brewing devices have helped to insure that specialty coffee is being brewed with the craft that it deserves.