Bunn Trifecta Automatic Single-Cup Brewing System
Why do we love it?
The Trifecta has been anxiously awaited by the coffee community since Starbucks bought the rights to the Clover brewing system and took it off the market. At a fraction of the price of the Clover, the Trifecta could be the next-generation coffee system. The process is incredibly simple and efficient without sacrificing quality. It can be compared to a Syphon Brewer in its use of total immersion, constant temperature, and agitation of the grounds.
First, the hot water completely saturates the freshly ground beans resulting in a French Press like immersion. This takes advantage of the total extraction of beans that can only take place in full immersion brewing systems.
Second, Air is injected into the pressurized chamber which agitates the grounds. This further enhances extraction by exciting the grounds and water as they interact with each other.
Third, at just the right time (before over-extraction can take place), the pressurized air presses the coffee through a metal filter into the waiting cup. Similar to the Aeropress, this added pressure further enhances the extraction process and ensures a full-bodied flavor in the coffee. To read a full, hands-on review of the Bunn Trifecta by our coffee team, click here: Bunn Trifecta First Impression.
- Saturation of grounds in full immersion assures complete extraction
- Utilizes pressurized air to aid in the extraction process
- Presses coffee through metal filter to prevent over-extraction of grounds
- Interactive user interface allows control over brew profile and extraction
- Don't know where to begin? See the recipe guide attached below to start brewing fantastic tasting coffee!
- Each machine is hand-made with precision and care
- Standard features of the Trifecta:
- Makes exceptionally high quality single cups of coffee (in 2 oz. increments from 2-16oz).
- Implements full immersion brewing without over-extraction (since the coffee gets pressed down at the proper time).
- Electrical: standard 120V, single phase, 60Hz.
- Plumbing: 20-90 psi (138-621 kPa). Supplied with 1/4" (6.4mm) male flare fitting.
- Small footprint of machine (15.41" x 12.13") ensures a good fit in any store.
- User interface allows the barista to control extraction and brew profile resulting in more control over specific brew parameters. Want agitation time to be lengthened? Shortened? Fine, you control the details to ensure that the individual voice of each unique cup of coffee comes through.
- Highly durable plastic agitation chamber prevents breaking. According to Bunn, the chamber will need to be removed often for cleaning and the plastic chamber prevents easy breakage. This helps keep the initial price of the machine down and helps prevent a higher future service cost.
- For specific details about the machine and its parts, click on the "parts list" attached below.
- The Trifecta is best used with a brew chamber rinser and knockbox. These accessories can be found here: Bunn Trifecta In-Counter Brew Chamber Rinser, Bunn Trifecta Counter-Top Brew Chamber Rinser, and Bunn Trifecta Rectangle Knock Chute.
- Because of high demand, lead time will be approximately 3 weeks. Please contact us with any questions.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
|Voltage:||120 V/60 Hz|
$81.98It can be difficult in the world of specialty coffee to find a brewer that not only looks fantastic but also produces a fantastic product. Eva Solo has done an exceptional job of combining both elements into the Cafe Solo. The Solo seems a little strange upon first glance for the very reason that it may be the first coffee brewer of its kind: one that is clothed. The designers at Eva Solo had the ingenious idea of using the same material that keeps divers warm (neoprene) and wrapping it around the glass carafe... thus keeping the coffee hot during the 4 minute brewing period.
Not only are its looks something to take seriously, but the Solo's coffee is not to be underestimated. Because of its use of "total immersion" brewing (similar to that of a french press), the grounds are evenly and completely submersed in water. This provides extraction that is difficult to achieve by other methods of brewing. It is advisable, however, that once the 4 minutes of extraction is complete, the coffee should be immediately served or transferred into a thermal pot (we recommend one of the Zojirushi carafes). This will prevent over-extraction from taking place which results in a bitter tasting coffee.
The Cafe Solo is unquestionably a unique and exceptional specialty coffee manual brewer. Because of its simple usability and superior design, the Cafe Solo is a force to be reckoned with in the specialty coffee world.
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.
Hario Skerton grinder is handy for manual home and travel grinding, it can also be slightly more cumbersome for an extended road trip where only a small amount of grinding will be done (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill). For those trips (or homes) where a minimal amount of grinding is needed, the Hario Mini Mill Slim is the perfect grinding solution. The Mini Mill employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can effortlessly handle 24 grams of anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. Because of its lightweight (0.5 lbs) and sleek plastic body, the Mini Mill easily fits into small carrying bags and suitcases without adding a lot of extra weight. This, in conjunction with the Aerobie AeroPress coffee maker, has the propensity to make excellent coffee anywhere hot water and fresh beans are available.
The Hario Mini Mill is a traveling coffee enthusiast’s dream come true.... and with its ability to grind to the fine quality needed for espresso, it can be paired with a hand-held travel espresso maker such as the mypressi TWIST (and an excellent choice of beans) to achieve a quality rivaling the product found in many high-end espresso machines. Whether the need is grinding beans for a french press, Aeropress, or mypressi, the Mini Mill Slim is the perfect travel solution.