You are here
Chemex Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker, 8 cup capacity
Click here to see why
This product has options:
Due to a number of delays from the manufacturer, we are out of stock on several Chemex items and have discontinued them until stock is replenished. We apologize for any inconvenience!
- Simple function and visual elegance combine for the optimum extraction of full rich-bodied coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 8 "cups" / 40 ounces
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie.
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 6 cup, and 3 cup volumes.
- Open the Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex® method.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. Serve and enjoy.
Recommended starting parameters:
- 36-42 grams of coffee
- Medium-coarse grind
- 600-700 milliliters of water heated to 200-205 degrees
- 3:30-4:00 brew time