Chemex Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker, 8 cup capacity
Free ShippingxLucky you! This product qualifies for free shipping.
Click here to see why
- Price MatchxFound a better price somewhere else? We'll beat it! Call us at 888-810-5043 or fill out our price match form
- Gift ReturnablexNo need to worry that this may not be the toy your coffee geek wants. See our Extended Gift Return Policy for more information.
Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex® employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing.
- Simple function and visual elegance combine for the optimum extraction of full rich-bodied coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 8 cup/40 oz.
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie.
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 6 cup, and 3 cup volumes.
- Chemex Brewing Instructions:
- 1. Open the Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- 2. Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex® method.
- 3. When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- 4. After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. And that's it! You are now ready to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee!
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 36-42 grams of coffee - medium-coarse grind
~ 600-700 milliliters of water
~ 200-205 degrees
~ 3:30-4:00 brew time
$48.62Tampers are as diverse as the baristas who use them. Our new tamper meets the needs of almost any barista, whether professionally trained or newly beginning. With its durable aluminum handle and wide, smooth top, the tamper is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into the palm unlike other overly rounded handles which can press a little too tightly into the hand of the barista, or flat topped handles which can become uncomfortable after extended use.
The base of the Prima tamper is of a hefty 304 stainless steel design. This solid steel base combined with the light, detachable aluminum handle adds balanced weight to the tamper which helps aid the barista in providing an even tamp, shot after shot.
Small, lightweight, and portable, the Skerton is the ideal hand grinder for the traveling coffee enthusiast, or the home enthusiast on a limited budget. The Skerton employs adjustable conical ceramic burrs for grinding any of the wide range of grinds employed in today’s coffee market. It can easily handle anything from fine espresso to a coarse French Press setting. The Skerton’s detachable 100 gr. glass jar is perfect for collecting the grounds, and in combination with the plastic screw-on lid (included in order) can even double as a storage unit for whole beans on those long trips. After grinding is finished, cleaning the Skerton is as easy as placing the unit in the dishwasher since the entire grinder is dishwasher safe. Whether you desire a quality, handy grinder for the road or enjoy the fine art of manual coffee preparation, the Hario Skerton is the ideal candidate. For an even more portable hand grinder from Hario, check out the Mini Mill (for a more detailed comparison of the two grinders, check out this blog post: Hario Skerton vs. Mini Mill).
We've looked long and hard for a scale that we can recommend for our avid manual brewing friends. The scale needed to have a high weight capacity, fast response time and precision calculations, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature to ensure the scale would not shut off mid-brew. The Jennings CJ4000 is the first scale we have offered that meets all of these requirements. With a 4000 gram capacity, accuracy to .5 gram, and the ability to disable the auto-off feature, the Jennings scale is the perfect companion to manual brewing.