Chemex Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker, 8 cup capacity
Free ShippingxLucky you! This product qualifies for free shipping.
Click here to see why
- Price MatchxFound a better price somewhere else? We'll beat it! Call us at 888-810-5043 or fill out our price match form
- Gift ReturnablexNo need to worry that this may not be the toy your coffee geek wants. See our Extended Gift Return Policy for more information.
Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex® employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing.
- Simple function and visual elegance combine for the optimum extraction of full rich-bodied coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 8 cup/40 oz.
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie.
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 6 cup, and 3 cup volumes.
- Chemex Brewing Instructions:
- 1. Open the Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- 2. Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex® method.
- 3. When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- 4. After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. And that's it! You are now ready to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee!
Recommended starting parameters:
~ 36-42 grams of coffee - medium-coarse grind
~ 600-700 milliliters of water
~ 200-205 degrees
~ 3:30-4:00 brew time
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.
One of the top coffee grinder manufacturers has just released one of the most versatile grinders to date. With the capability of grinding from French press to espresso, the Mahlkonig Pro M provides the grinding range that would normally require two separate grinders. The grinding range combined with features like the "hands free" operation and break functionality help make this grinder ideal for both low-medium volume commercial settings and home use.
Few advancements in espresso machine technology over the past fifty years could be called revolutionary. The latest advancement featured in La Marzocco's Strada Electronic Paddle (EP) is one that has earned that title. Pressure profiling was first introduced into the mass market in 2009 by the Slayer Espresso Machine. The La Marzocco Strada takes this new technology to the next level by allowing the barista to save up to four pressure profiles at any given time. Along with the ability to save profiles, each group has a digital display that shows the temperature (±0.1°C), shot time, and current bars of pressure (±.1 Bar). The Strada perfectly combines the durability and workmanship of La Marzocco with the technology of the future.