Hottop Home Coffee Roaster KN-8828P-2K (Old Model - KN-8828P-2)
The Hottop KN-8828P-2K (replaces the KN-8828P-2) is a fully programmable coffee roaster. With its roots firmly established in the dependability and solid design of the original KN-8828 analog-display, pre-programmed model, and with its predecessor the KN-8828D digital-display model, the new "KN-8828P-2K Programmable" will allow the user to modify the roast program to suit their needs, satisfy their personal taste, or best match their preferred coffee origin and brewing method. The user pre-sets the time, temperature, and fan speed for eight segments of the roast, and the Hottop P model does the rest. This model has recently been updated with an emergency manual eject mechanism for increased safety. The Hottop also comes in a basic, full-control model, the KN-8828B-2-K.
- Automatic or Semi-Manual operation modes.
- Roast Beans by Temperature: The user has the ability to save up to nine roast profiles. Each profile consists of eight segments. Each segment consist of time, temperature, and fan speed. The user pre-sets the parameters for each of these variables and the machine controls the temperature during the roast. The user has full control of the segments when programming the roast profile, but can only change the "Target Temperature" of each segment once the roast begins.
- LCD Real-Time Display: Shows segment time remaining, total time remaining, temperature, and fan speed.
- Roast cycle: 12 to 22 minutes (varies with model). User can add time at end if necessary as well as end roast at any time
- Capacity: 225g - 300g per roasting (250g optimal)
- External cooling tray with agitation arm and cooling fan. Beans cool in 4 to 5 minutes
- Large 4 inch viewing window provides a view of the beans during the roast
- Heat element: 750 Watts
- Steel Drum: 4 x 8 inches
- Audible signaling of roast progress. This roaster is extremely quiet compared to other home roasters.
- Manual Emergency eject pin.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
$53.00Hario's stainless steel water kettle, the V60 Buono, has been spotted popping up in coffee houses and the kitchens of baristas for some time now. A detailed search on the web will reveal, for the moment at least, that the Buono seems to be widely accepted as the most useful pouring kettle available. What makes this kettle so popular amongst pour-over enthusiasts? Several reasons stand out.
First, the thin pouring spout enables greater pouring precision as well as a slower, more consistent and controlled rate of pour, both of which are very helpful in achieving a precise, prolonged extraction.
Second, the stainless steel construction and large 1 liter capacity contribute toward keeping up the brew temperature for the duration of the entire brew cycle.
Third, the ergonomics involved in the design of the kettle help to make using it much easier. This may not seem like much, but if you're brewing large batches of coffee and pouring for three or more minutes per batch, doing several batches of coffee will quickly become a chore if your kettle doesn't cooperate with you.
Combine all of these facets with the fact that the Buono is manufactured by Hario, a very popular name in the coffee-brewing community, and the kettle's popularity is easily understood. For best results, combine the Buono with a V60 Dripper or Chemex to get a truly exceptional cup of coffee.
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.
One of the top coffee grinder manufacturers has just released one of the most versatile grinders to date. With the capability of grinding from French press to espresso, the Mahlkonig Pro M provides the grinding range that would normally require two separate grinders. The grinding range combined with features like the "hands free" operation and break functionality help make this grinder ideal for both low-medium volume commercial settings and home use.