Hottop Home Coffee Roaster KN-8828P-2K (Old Model - KN-8828P-2)
The Hottop KN-8828P-2K (replaces the KN-8828P-2) is a fully programmable coffee roaster. With its roots firmly established in the dependability and solid design of the original KN-8828 analog-display, pre-programmed model, and with its predecessor the KN-8828D digital-display model, the new "KN-8828P-2K Programmable" will allow the user to modify the roast program to suit their needs, satisfy their personal taste, or best match their preferred coffee origin and brewing method. The user pre-sets the time, temperature, and fan speed for eight segments of the roast, and the Hottop P model does the rest. This model has recently been updated with an emergency manual eject mechanism for increased safety. The Hottop also comes in a basic, full-control model, the KN-8828B-2-K.
- Automatic or Semi-Manual operation modes.
- Roast Beans by Temperature: The user has the ability to save up to nine roast profiles. Each profile consists of eight segments. Each segment consist of time, temperature, and fan speed. The user pre-sets the parameters for each of these variables and the machine controls the temperature during the roast. The user has full control of the segments when programming the roast profile, but can only change the "Target Temperature" of each segment once the roast begins.
- LCD Real-Time Display: Shows segment time remaining, total time remaining, temperature, and fan speed.
- Roast cycle: 12 to 22 minutes (varies with model). User can add time at end if necessary as well as end roast at any time
- Capacity: 225g - 300g per roasting (250g optimal)
- External cooling tray with agitation arm and cooling fan. Beans cool in 4 to 5 minutes
- Large 4 inch viewing window provides a view of the beans during the roast
- Heat element: 750 Watts
- Steel Drum: 4 x 8 inches
- Audible signaling of roast progress. This roaster is extremely quiet compared to other home roasters.
- Manual Emergency eject pin.
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
$53.00Hario's stainless steel water kettle, the V60 Buono, has been spotted popping up in coffee houses and the kitchens of baristas for some time now. A detailed search on the web will reveal, for the moment at least, that the Buono seems to be widely accepted as the most useful pouring kettle available. What makes this kettle so popular amongst pour-over enthusiasts? Several reasons stand out.
First, the thin pouring spout enables greater pouring precision as well as a slower, more consistent and controlled rate of pour, both of which are very helpful in achieving a precise, prolonged extraction.
Second, the stainless steel construction and large 1 liter capacity contribute toward keeping up the brew temperature for the duration of the entire brew cycle.
Third, the ergonomics involved in the design of the kettle help to make using it much easier. This may not seem like much, but if you're brewing large batches of coffee and pouring for three or more minutes per batch, doing several batches of coffee will quickly become a chore if your kettle doesn't cooperate with you.
Combine all of these facets with the fact that the Buono is manufactured by Hario, a very popular name in the coffee-brewing community, and the kettle's popularity is easily understood. For best results, combine the Buono with a V60 Dripper or Chemex to get a truly exceptional cup of coffee.
The Fretta Iced Coffee Brewer is Hario's answer to brewing the perfect cup of iced coffee. Hario has combined their famous V60 brewer with a decanter and plastic diffuser to assure that the coffee is quickly cooled by hitting ice immediately after the brewing process. This quick heat transition is important in conserving the flavor of the coffee. The Fretta comes with 10 size 02 paper filters. We recommend that you purchase extra filters as well. To do this select filters as an add-on from the options on the right or go to our Hario 02 filter listing. Also recommend is a pouring kettle. We offer both the Hario Buono Kettle as well as the Kalita Wave Pot Kettle in the drop-down menu on the right.