Nuova Simonelli Musica Direct Connect Espresso Machine
Nuova Simonelli has produced espresso machines for over 70 years, manufacturing machines that promise premium performance under demanding circumstances. Their coffee machines are reliable, user friendly, multifunctional, and ergonomic. The Musica puts the quality of Nuova Simonelli's commercial machines into a more compact, single group. prosumer machine. The incredible temperature stability of the Musica's famous thermo-compensated grouphead along with the plentiful steaming power makes this machine a coveted machine for home enthusiasts or espresso catering.
Free Espresso Machine Starter Kit With Purchase!
Kit Option 1 Includes:
Kit Option 2 Includes:
*Call or e-mail for size adjustments or substitutions.
- Water temperature is stabilized by an efficient heat exchanger inside the boiler tank (insulated to save energy).
- Heat-Exhanger allows you to steam milk and pull shots at the same time and ensures plenty of steam available for foaming milk.
- Thermo Compensated Grouphead is and has a pre-infusion system that allows a soft beginning to the extraction process.
- Programmable Hot water spout.
- Machine directly plumbs in to water source. We also sells a reservoir tank version (Musica Reservoir Listing).
- The professional portafilter has an ergonomic design, as does the practical cursor steam lever
- The elegant button pad with backlit soft-touch buttons (the brightness can be adjusted) is also an intuitive instrument panel with indicator lights ("no water" and "heating element on").
- The volumetric dosing system can store up to three different dose settings
- Beautiful stainless steel body
- Standard version comes with black rim. The "Lux" model features glowing soft blue lights in the place of the black rim. This model does have an additional cost and can be selected from the menu above. The lights can be turned on and off independently of the machine.
- Visible boiler pressure gauge
- Steam lever similar to commercial Nuova Simonelli machines allows you to easily control the steam pressure.
- Before hitting the steam nozzle, point the end of the steam wand into an empty container or point it towards the drip tray. This is to get rid of the water that might first come out when you turn on the steam wand.
- When dry steaming begins exiting the steam wand, you can turn it off. You are now ready to start steaming your milk.
- Do not fill your milk pitcher more than halfway full with cold milk
- Make sure the tip of the steam wand is fully submerged before you turn on the steam.
- After you begin steaming, you can raise the steam wand so that the tip is barely submerged. If the tip is submerged too much the milk will begin to squeal meaning it needs more aeration. If you bring the tip too far out you will hear a heavy chirping or sucking sound. This will result in big bubbles and a possible mess.
- You should aim for slight chirping up until the milk reaches room temperature. At that point you can submerge the tip of the wand to one side of the pitcher to create a swirling motion. Continue this until the steaming pitcher becomes too hot to the touch or a couple seconds after you have to take your hand off of the bottom or side (this should be around 140°).
- Two complete 58 mm portafilters (one single and one double).
- Stainless Steel blank disk for backflushing
- Plastic Tamper
- Coffee Scoop
- Steam lever allows you to flick on and off for steam pressure.
- Direct connect model means no refilling of reservoir.
- Heat exchanger allows you to steam and brew at the same time.
- Hot water tap.
- A sturdy machine that will take up quite a bit of space on your cabinet. (10 5/8" W x 15 3/4" D x 16 15/16" H)
- Hefty price tag.
- Plain water backflushing should be done at least once a week. To backflush, use the portafilter's backflush disc. Take out your single or double basket and securely place the blank insert into the portafilter. To perform a plain water backflush, place the portafilter into the group head. Then raise the brew lever all the way up for 15 seconds, and then lower it. Water will forcefully discharge out of the bottom of the group into the drip tray; this is normal. Repeat three to five times.
- Backflush with detergent like Cafiza (see options above) once every fifty extractions.
- Warranty: One-year labor and two years parts provided by US distributor.
|Model:||Musica - Direct Connect|
|Boiler Type:||Heat Exchanger|
|Three Way Solenoid:||Yes|
|Basket Size:||58 mm|
|Coffee Boiler:||2 L|
|Water Reservoir:||Direct Connect|
|Electrical:||110 volts / 1200 Watts / 15 Amps|
|Dimensions:||10 5/8" W x 15 3/4" D x 16 15/16" H|
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.
Compak is a company dedicated to quality and craft. Their newest endeavor is a line of espresso grinders that raises the bar on control and efficiency. Aptly named "Fresh" for its innovative design and functionality, these grinders were created from conversations with baristas around the world and from the experience of a company that has been around for over 50 years. The K-10 Fresh offers a number of innovative features including: the ability to pre-set the the dosing time for a single and double shot to within a tenth of a second, manual push-button doser that keeps time of amount dosed on the digital display, and a completely new dosing system, electronics and control system. Also, the electronic display shows the selected grinding point, a configurable warning to change the burrs, promotional message with your logo, shot counter, and multi-language display.
$449.00The Baratza Vario looks much like Baratza's other offerings (i.e., the Encore, Virtuoso, and Preciso) in regard to silhouette, footprint, and general design. Those who've used them extensively, however, know that there's far more than mere nomenclature that separates the Vario from its brethren. Practically speaking, it has shown to give a consistently uniform and desirable grind for the full grind spectrum, all the way from espresso to press pot, something no other non-commercial grinder currently out on the market can boast. It is a highly efficient machine, wasting very little in the way of coffee grounds, but it shines in its ability to produce excellent espresso, shot after shot after shot, a feature aided by the three timed dosing presets it allows the user to store and recall at the push of a button.
The TACKY Inlay Station is a wood pour-over stand beautifully designed for your viewing and brewing pleasure. The seamless "inlay" design gives the stand its name and also a unique look that anyone who appreciates fine wood craftsmanship will admire. The Inlay stand is available as a one, two, or three hole station and in a variety of woods. Pourover brewing is both delicious and artistic - the Inlay adds to the whole experience.