You are here
Izzo Alex Duetto 3 Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
Click here to see why.
This product has options:
Free Espresso Machine Starter Kit With Purchase!
One of the most popular machines we've offered, the Alex Duetto 2, just got better. We're happy to now be able to offer the latest upgrade to Izzo's Alex Duetto, the Alex Duetto 3. The Alex Duetto 3 takes everything we love about the Duetto 2 and makes it even better. Just like its predecessor, the Duetto 3 is an E61 espresso machine that combines PID (digitally controlled temperature stability), dual boilers, and the ability to plumb in or use the water reservoir with the already stellar reputation of the legendary group head. While we have an extended list of the upgrades below, here are a few of our favorites: new curved body styling replacing outer shell, ergonomic portafilters, standard cup rails, and reinforced front panel to reduce flexing when locking in the portafilter.
New in the Duetto 3:
- Rounded edge to the top outer shell.
- Improved top ventilation for better cup warming.
- Hand rails come standard.
- New, angled, ergonomic portafilter handle.
- Reinforced front panel to reduce flexing when locking in portafilter.
- Heater lights are smaller and flush-mounted.
- Large redesigned drip tray now holds 32 ounces of water.
- Expansion valve drips through tube built into the face plate on the machine rather than the tubing that stuck out on the Duetto II.
- Easy access expansion valve.
- Drain assist between pump and motor.
- E61 Lever Action Grouphead: A commercial quality grouphead that helps greater ensure temperature stability.
- Dual Boilers: 1.8 Liter insulated copper steam boiler and .8 Liter group boiler.
- Tank or Plumbed: Rotary pump and 2.4 Liter water tank with lever control to switch between direct-plumbed and reservoir which can be accessed by removing the cup tray on top.
- All-Stainless Construction: Including double-walled outer frame, now with no gap around top rim.
- No-Burn Wands: No-burn steam and hot water wands.
- Two pressure gauges, one for steam and one for the group
- Two red lights to indicate power to group or steam boilers
- 1200 Watt heater for Steam Boiler and 800 Watt heater for Group Boiler
- New polished metal feet
- Low Water Sensor
- Vacuum Breaker Valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- Over Pressure Valve sends water back to drip try if the pump pressure gets to high
- 15 or 20 Amp operation (Standard is 20, while 15 can be programmed through PID and requires convertor cord listed in options when adding to cart)
- Digitally controls the temperature in both the Group Boiler as well as the Steam Boiler
- Can change the machines operation mode between 15 and 20 amps
- Can switch temperature display between Celcius and Fahrenheit
- Can program the offset to ensure that the temperature selected is the temperature of the water exiting the group
- Either boiler can be turned off (there is also a dedicate switch for the Steam Boiler on the side of the machine)
- Ergonomic 58 millimeter portafilters: one single and one double
- Stainless steel blank disk for backflushing
- Stainless steel Izzo tamper
- The PID allows precise temperature control.
- There is plenty of steam with a dedicated 1.8 L steam boiler.
- E61 grouphead provides further temperature stability and pre-infusion.
- A good size machine that will take up quite a bit of space on your cabinet. (14.25" W x 17.25" D x 16.5" H)
For brewing, steaming, and maintenance tips, check out our Beginner's Guides:
|Model:||Alex Duetto 3|
|Boiler Type:||Double Boiler|
|Three Way Solenoid:||Yes|
|Basket Size:||58 mm|
|Coffee Boiler:||.8 L|
|Steam Boiler:||1.8 L|
|Water Reservoir:||2.4 L with option to directly plumb in|
|Electrical:||110 volts / 1200 and 800 Watts / 15 or 20 Amp|
|Dimensions:||14.25" W x 17.25" D x 16.5" H (with hand rails)|
IzzoThe Izzo Caffe was founded in 1979, and has been committed from the beginning to making excellent espresso. In 1995, this well respected member of the Italian coffee community began to branch out into manufacturing espresso machines. The high quality of the materials, and the customized aesthetic features have made Izzo espresso machines some of the most coveted home machines available. The two models that we carry are the Alex II and the Alex Duetto II. These semi-automatic espresso machines are spec'ed out with an E-61 grouphead and PID control. The Alex II is a heat exchanger machine while the Alex Duetto II features double boilers.
vishwa Verified Buyer
5 / 5 stars
Simply excellent coffee machine
Was this review helpful? 1 0