Community Specialty Coffee Educator
Prima is located in Louisville, KY and strives to cultivate the enjoyment of life for its customers, partners, and employees. The way that we aim to accomplish the goal is through effective operation, easy access to products and services, broad product curation, and expansive education. We care deeply about our company values: Entrepreneurial Spirit, Drive for Excellence, Care for People, and Working with Integrity. If those things resonate with you and make you excited to jump in, then Prima might be the just right place for you.
About the Role
The Prima Coffee Community Educator focuses on helping our customers and audience brew better coffee through the written word and visual mediums. Your sharp, witty, and classy writing will make our blogs, social posts, and Prima Coffee Community content a joy to read while your engaging personality will make our videos fun to watch. As the Prima Coffee Community Educator, you will be responsible for not only assisting with our website content such as blog posts, Learning Center articles, and product videos, but you will also manage our Prima Coffee Community as well as our Prima Coffee social media channels. It is important that the person in this position have not only experience in the coffee industry, but a personal passion for the craft.
We are looking for someone who loves to engage with the coffee community and dive deep into conversations about techniques, equipment, and perfecting their brew while pointing our customers in the right direction to get the best products to increase their enjoyment of life through coffee and espresso.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing but will work closely on a day to day basis with a number of individuals including our Product Manager, Content Creator, Photographer/Videographer, and Project Manager. This is a full time, hourly position and is eligible for full time benefits, including paid vacation, paid holidays, a company-sponsored retirement account, and company-paid health insurance.
If you are a skilled writer, love the camera, have experience with social media or community management, and are excited to discuss all things coffee then give us a shout and send in your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing and video presence (if possible) to email@example.com. We can’t wait to talk more with you!
We realize that sometimes past experience doesn't communicate a person's full capabilities and potential. If you are reading this posting and don't have all the listed qualifications, but feel that you would be a great fit for this role shoot us an email. We would still love to hear from you.
- Must be able to write crisp, grammatically correct sentences
- Must be able to adapt writing and video scripts to meet the style of Prima's brand voice
- Naturally curious and willing to seek out answers to questions and not get stuck at the first obstacle
- Experience in the coffee industry (barista, educator, etc.)
- Experience managing an online community such as a membership site, social media accounts, Facebook groups, etc.
- Comfortable in front of the camera
- Familiarity with HTML and Adobe Suite is preferred, but not required
- Self-starter attitude and life long learner
- Writing content for the Prima Coffee website: landing pages, Learning Center content, blog posts, category pages, product listings, etc.
- Landing Pages
- Learning Center Content
- Blog Posts
- Category Pages
- Product Listings
- Printed Material
- Other copy needs as assigned
- Working with Videographer to Create Video Content for the Prima Coffee Website
- Managing the Prima Coffee Community
- Hosting Virtual Events
- Moderating the Forums
- Creating Exclusive Community Content (i.e. Courses, Resources, Guides, etc.)
- Growing Community Membership
- Managing the Backend of the Community
- Managing the Prima Coffee Social Media Channels
- Potential Travel to Trade Shows and Other Industry Events
- Other tasks as assigned by a supervisor
- This is a full-time position with flexible "first shift" hours Monday through Friday, with periodic work required outside normal business hours as needed.Because of the nature of the work associated with this position, onsite work in our Louisville, KY office is required though we do offer hybrid work options.
- Prima offers competitive compensation and growth opportunities commensurate with experiences, education, and other creditials.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes company-paid medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a company-sponsored retirement plan.
- We have a studio stocked with the best coffee gear and coffee at your disposal.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we would love to hear from you. You can email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prima Coffee is an Equal Opportunity employer we do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations.