You are here
Baratza Sette 270Wi Weight-based Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Click here to see why.
This product has options:
Grinding innovation:The Sette's unique approach to grinding is more than a novel technique; it's designed to grind faster, grind better, and save you coffee. Unlike most grinders, the center cone burr stays fixed in place, and the outer ring burr spins around it. This new grinding mechanism allows coffee beans to feed directly into the burrs, and for grounds to fall directly into your bin or portafilter - there's almost no place for retained grounds to stay behind.
The Sette 270Wi's grind-by-weight feature comes thanks to Acaia scale technology. Three programmable dosing presets allow you to grind just the right amount, down to the tenth of a gram, and the processor inside anticipates exactly when to stop grinding to prevent overshoot. A specially designed load cell allows you to grind hands-free directly into your portafilter with impressive accuracy, and Bluetooth connectivity opens new doors for a connected grinder to act as a cornerstone of better brewing.
When Baratza first implemented the Acaia technology to the Sette line with the 270W, users were experiencing some inconsistencies, especially when it came to grinding on unstable surfaces. With the 270Wi, Baratza has acted on this feedback and changed the software (and made some hardware tweaks), so that it is better at compensating for instability and is capable of learning and setting the offset on its own.
Advanced burrs:The brand new Etzinger burr set is crafted for fast grinding and better uniformity. Grind up to 4 grams/sec at espresso settings, and up to 6 grams/sec at drip settings. What's more, your coffee's flavor clarity will be superb, with fewer fines and more even extractions.
Transforming forks:Whether you grind for espresso or press pot, the new forks are designed to sit where you need them. Simply push in on the right fork and rotate in or out to set them in the portafilter position or the open position. With the center fork in place, you can even grind hands-free. Note: While still in the works, Baratza have recently announced a brand new fork design to better accommodate portafilters of more sizes and hold them more securely for hands-free grinding.
Stepless adjustment:At long last, Baratza have created a grinder with fully stepless adjustment, using the micro scale of the Sette's range. While the macro adjustment is stepped, the micro adjustment allows for infinitely precise tweaking of grind settings, perfect for dialing in your espresso.
What's in the box:
- Baratza Sette 270Wi grinder
- 10 oz capacity shut-off hopper
- Grinds bin
- Removable power cable
- Wide grinding range, from espresso fine to a coarse drip
- Revolutionary pass-through grind mechanism with
- "Quick-burst" feature for adding small amounts to the dose after the grinder has stopped
- Built-in Acaia scale technology for hands-free grinding by weight
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for wireless software updates using an Apple phone or tablet
- Intelligent software that automatically adjusts the offset when changes to the grinder have been made
- Over 270 grind settings: 30 stepped macro settings plus a stepless micro adjustment range
- Convertible grinding forks - grind hands-free directly into a portafilter, or convert to grind into the included bin or your favorite dripper
- Weight-based grinding with three customizable presets
- 40 mm steel conical burrs - new Etzinger design
- Super-fast grinding: grind espresso at up to 5 g/s and drip coffee up to 7 g/s
- Power: 120 V, 290 watts
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||5 1/8 x 9 7/16 x 15 in.|
|Burrs:||40 mm steel by Etzinger|
|Hopper Capacity:||10 oz.|
|Grounds Bin Capacity:||5.5 oz.|
|Unit Weight:||7 lbs.|