You are here
OptiPure BWS350/16 Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment System with Mineral Addition for Coffee and Espresso
Click here to see why.
This product has options:
The OptiPure BWS350/16 is a whole new world for water treatment. Don't you dare close your eyes. There are four parts to this system: pre-filtration, reverse osmosis (RO), mineral addition, and precision blending. Beginning with pre-filtration, the CTO-Q filter helps with particulate and chlorine reduction prior to reverse osmosis, resulting in a longer lasting RO semipermeable membrane. Then, using the AMS-QT RO membrane, the BWS350 removes more than 97% of the total dissolved solids (TDS) from water. After removing these inorganic materials, the MA-Q15 cartridge adds a balance of minerals to the RO water, followed by an adjustable precision blend valve for further TDS modification. The result is an "Optimized" water, perfect for brewing coffee or espresso, or any other situation where water quality is important.
The BWS350 comes with a 16 gallon atmospheric storage tank with a top-mounted variable-flow re-pressurization system and a sub-micron, hydrophobic air breather filter. The tank essentially allows you stock up on “Optimized” water, since water can be pumped out much more quickly than it can be treated through the RO system. The pressure helps with the flow rate, and the air breather helps to prevent moisture and particulate contaminants.
With the BWS350 you get the best of both worlds, the mineral addition of the OP175 and the blending abilities of the BWS100, allowing you to blend water that has only passed through the CTO-Q filter with the RO water to better customize the resulting TDS. Basically, it's the Cadillac of water filtration systems, capable of pumping out 14 gallons of water per hour, or 400 gallons per day, which is likely more than enough to supply every piece of equipment in the busiest of coffee shops.
What's in the box
- OptiPure BWS350 Filtration System
- 16 Gallon Atmospheric Storage Tank (with a top-mounted variable-flow re-pressurization system and a sub-micron air breather)
- 2 CTO-Q Pre/Post Filters
- 1 AMS-QT Membrane Cartridge
- 1 MA-Q15 Mineral Addition Cartridge
- Hose, Tubing, and Fittings
- Reduces total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water by more than 97%.
- Produces (at 77°F, 60psi) 350+ gallons of water per day (14.6 gallons per hour, 0.25 gallons per minutes).
- Capable of blending 400+ gallons of water per day.
- Stores 16 optimized water for high volume times.
- Processor Dimensions: 26.8”h x 20.1”w x 8.4”d
- 16 Gallon Tank Dimensions: 27.3”h x 16.5”w x 20.4”l
- Connection - Feedwater (inlet): ⅜” Push Fit Tubing (polytube)
- Connection - Outlet: ½” hose connection
- Operating Pressure Range: 60-85 psi at 1.0 gpm (3.5-5.9 bar)
- Inlet Water Temperature Range: 40°-100°F (4°-38°C)
- Drain Connection (within 5’ of unit): 2.0 gpm minimum flow
- Water Processor Power: 120V 60Hz 6W
- Repressurication Pump Power: 120V 60Hz 2W
- Feed TDS: Up to 1200 ppm
- Feed pH: 6-10 units
- Hardness: 12 grains or less
- Free Chlorine: less than 2 mg/l
- Iron: 0.1mg/l max
- Turbidity: 0.05 ntu
- Manganese: 0.05mg/l max
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 0.0mg/l
Water quality must be assessed prior to installation. For best results, we suggest using a water test kit, though you can simply obtain information from your local water utility. If your water quality does not fit within OptiPure’s defined parameters, additional steps must be taken.