Baratza Forte Flat Burr Coffee And Espresso Grinder
- Quick ship! Ships next business day
Baratza's back with another mechanical masterpiece: the Forté. It's their first take on a commercial coffee grinder and it's already one of the most celebrated products of 2013. So what makes the Forté so special?
Versatility. The Forté is available with either steel or ceramic 54mm burrs, offering viable solutions for both brewed coffee and espresso grinding. Cafes that need a small grinder for decaf, single origin espresso, brew bar, or a backup should end their search here. Brewing at home? One of these Fortes is right for you.
Precision. Its muscly interior is operated by a touch-screen interface and 260 stepped adjustments, offering accurate and intuitive control of grind setting and, thereby, coffee extraction and flavor. Time- and weight-based programmable dosing allow for quick, repeatable results, so using the Forté in your shop won't slow you down.
Durability. This baby behemoth is built to last. The Forte's adjustment switches, portafilter holder, and entire enclosure are metal, so it feels sturdier than any of its predecessors — and it'll last longer, too. It's a true commercial-grade machine that won't disappoint in a café setting.
- Burrs: 54mm steel or ceramic flat burrs
- Grind adjustment: stepped, featuring 10 macro and 26 micro; 260 in total
- Grind range: 230 to 1,150 microns (ceramic); 500 to 1,150 (steel)
- Steel burr grind speed: 2.1 grams per second at 800 microns
- Ceramic burr grind speed: 2.0 grams/second (fine) or 3.5 grams/second (coarse)
- Motor: high-torque DC motor; 70% more power than current Vario, with half the run time
- Hopper capacity: 10 ounces (300 grams)
- Grounds bin capacity: 8 ounces (250 grams)
- Dimensions: 5.1"W x 14.2"H x 7.1"D
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Power rating: 110 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 amp
- Safety listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Warranty: 1 year
Includes: Forté grinder, removable hopper with bean stopper, grounds bin, portafilter holder (not included with "Forté BG"), calibration wrench, and burr-removal tool.
|Model:||Encore||Virtuoso+||Sette 270||Sette 270Wi||Vario||Vario W||Forte AP||Forte BG|
|Standard Burr:||40 mm Steel M3||40 mm Steel M2||40 mm Steel S1||40 mm Steel S1||54 mm Ceramic||54 mm Ceramic||54 mm Ceramic||54 mm Steel|
|Grind Range:||250–1200 μm||200–1400 μm||230–950 μm||230–950 μm||230–1150 μm||230–1150 μm||230–1150 μm||230–1150 μm|
|Hopper Capacity:||230 g||230 g||285 g||285 g||230 g||285 g||285 g||285 g|
|Grounds Capacity:||145 g||145 g||160 g||160 g||180 g||170 g||170 g||170 g|
|Weight:||7 lbs (3.1 kg)||8 lbs (3.6 kg)||7 lbs (3.2 kg)||7 lbs (3.2 kg)||10.5 lbs (4.8 kg)||9 lbs (4.1 kg)||13 lbs (6 kg)||13 lbs (6 kg)|
|Dimensions W/H/D:||4.7/13.8/6.3 in (12/35/16 cm)||4.7/13.8/6.3 in (12/35/16 cm)||5.1/15.7/9.5 in (13/40/24 cm)||5.1/15.7/9.5 in (13/40/24 cm)||5.1/14.2/7.1 in (13/36/18 cm)||5.1/14.2/7.1 in (13/36/18 cm)||5.1/14.2/7.1 in (13/36/18 cm)||5.1/14.2/7.1 in (13/36/18 cm)|