Cafelat Robot Barista Manual Lever Espresso Maker
- Robot Barista
- Quick ship! Ships next business day
Out-of-this-world retro style and amazing espresso extractions - the Cafelat Robot can promise you both!
Not to worry, humans, the Cafelat Robot Barista isn't here to subjugate anybody - its true goal is to make fantastic espresso that will astonish your taste buds. Its fun aesthetic is only part of the winsome package which is rounded out by an all-steel portafilter with removable spouts, a cleverly designed basket and piston system, and an attached pressure gauge which will ensure you're pulling amazing shots consistently. With the spouts attached you can easily split your shot into two demitasse cups, or you can go spoutless for a great view of the bottom of the basket as the shot progresses.
The Robot Barista comes fully equipped to make fantastic espresso. In the box you'll find a unique 57.5 mm steel basket, with its own steel dispersion screen, plus a fitted steel tamper. While using the Robot is somewhat unconventional, the espresso it produces is top-notch and on par with the best shots you'd find in a cafe. Pulling shots manually takes some practice and patience, but it is highly rewarding and fun! We do recommend pre-heating the portafilter and basket for best results, and usually just pouring some hot water through them before brewing does the trick.
How to use the Robot:
- Start by heating your water to about 205-210 F (you'll lose some heat as you pour, so we recommend starting hotter than you wish to brew)
- Measure and grind your dose of coffee - we like about 18-20 grams of coffee. Your grind size should be appropriate for espresso, meaning it will be fine-textured and slightly clumpy.
- Add the coffee to the basket, tap to settle, and then tamp firmly, as evenly and level as possible.
- Add the dispersion screen to the top of the tamped coffee.
- Add the hot water directly on top of the dispersion screen. For an 18 gram dose, we use around 60 grams of water to account for both the desired output and the water retained by the coffee puck.
- Insert the basket into the portafilter and prepare your cup.
- To insert the portafilter into the Robot, first raise the arms to raise the piston. Insert the portafilter with the handle straight out, and turn either left or right to lock in.
- Begin your extraction by softly lowering the arms. As you apply more force, you will see the pressure gauge indicate higher pressure.
- For a soft pre-infusion, apply about 2-3 bars of pressure until espresso begins dripping out of the portafilter.
- Increase pressure to about 8-9 bars for the duration of the shot, and release pressure when you wish to stop your shot.
- Tip: An Acaia Lunar scale will fit under the bottomless portafilter if placed diagonally!
- Once your shot is finished, raise the lever arms again and remove the portafilter.
- To clean up, knock out your puck, rinse and wipe the basket and portafilter, and wipe down the piston.
- Enjoy your tasty shot of espresso!
What's in the box:
- Cafelat Robot Barista Espresso Maker
- Steel portafilter with detachable spouts
- Steel brew basket and dispersion screen
- Steel tamper
- Silicone drip mat
- Spare parts kit with silicone piston seal, silicone portafilter spout o-ring, piston screw, teflon spacer, and food safe grease
- Manual espresso maker with attached pressure gauge
- Capable of true 9 bar shots
- Retro aesthetic with fun color options
- Steel portafilter, basket, and dispersion screen
- Basket holds up to 25 grams of ground coffee comfortably
- Includes steel tamper
- Detachable portafilter spouts with silicone o-ring seal
- Can fit an Acaia Lunar scale
- Requires source for hot water
- Nonelectric - does not heat or steam
|Model:||Cafelat Robot - Barista Model|
|Boiler Type:||No boiler - requires source for hot water|
|Coffee basket capacity:||Up to 25 g|
|Coffee basket volume:||Approx. 145 mL (holds both ground coffee and water)|
|Coffee basket diameter:||57.5 mm|
|Height:||12 in | 19 in with arms raised|
[Blue]|[Blue];[Cream White]|[Cream];[Retro Green]|[Green];[Red]|[Red]