USED - EXCELLENT | Chemex 8 Cup Coffee Maker
- 8 Cup Chemex
- Quick ship! Ships next business day
Item Condition: Used - Excellent
Used - Excellent: Items that have been used for demonstration or owned previously, but have minor evidence of use. This item will have all of its accessories but may be missing its original packaging.
Product Images: Images on this listing are for representational purposes only. These images are of the product in new condition and do not necessarily reflect the condition of the product you will receive. Please refer to the condition description above for the types of defects you may find.
Warranty: Manufacturer's warranty does not apply. This item will be covered by Prima for 30 days after delivery.If something were to fail within that time Prima will, at its sole discretion, either pay for warranty service onsite or pay for the unit to be returned. We will issue a refund after the item is received at our location.
Return Policy: If for any reason you decide that your purchase was not for you then you can return your purchase within 30 days of receipt by following the steps in our No-Hassle Return Policy. We recommend that you insure your shipment to protect against lost shipments and freight damage.
Interested in a brand new unit instead? Click here, Chemex 8 Cup Coffee Maker
- Simple function and visual elegance combine for the optimum extraction of full rich-bodied coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 8 "cups" / 40 ounces
- Wood Collar Style includes a polished wood collar with leather tie.
- Glass Handle Style includes a graceful but sturdy glass handle.
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 6 cup, and 3 cup volumes.
- Open the Chemex-Bonded¬Æ Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex¬Æ method.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200¬∫F, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. Serve and enjoy.
Recommended starting parameters:
- 36-42 grams of coffee
- Medium-coarse grind
- 600-700 milliliters of water heated to 200-205 degrees
- 3:30-4:00 brew time
|Model:||CM-8A or CM-8GH|