Chemex 3-cup Coffee Maker
- 3 Cup Chemex
- Quick ship! Ships next business day
Part science, part work of art! The iconic Chemex brewer was invented in 1941 and has been a go-to in the coffee community ever-since. All in all a beautiful, uncomplicated brewer that makes excellent coffee!
The Chemex coffee brewer is part science, part work of art. Invented by Dr. Peter Schlumbohm in 1941, the Chemex is an iconic part of coffee brewing history and art history, being feature in the Museum of Modern Art's collection since 1944. The Chemex was designed to allow for a pure brewing experience, having the coffee only come in contact with non-porous, borosilicate glass and the specially designed filters. Overall a simple, beautiful, brewer that makes great coffee.
- Brewing on the Chemex is simple: open the filters so that the three sided section of the filter is facing the spout, add ground coffee, and pour your desired volume of hot water over the coffee.
- This hourglass shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues.
- Capacity: 3 cup (1 pint/16ozs.)
- Two models: Glass Handle or Wood Collar with leather tie. (select from options above)
- Has no moving parts and will work forever, unless it is dropped or in some other way destroyed.
- Also available in 10 cup, 8 cup, and 6 cup volumes.