Chemex Bonded 13” Half-Moon Coffee Filters, 100 count
- Quick ship! Ships next business day
Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex® employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing. Full bodied, richer flavor, from less coffee and as strong as you like without bitterness — that's what the Chemex® filter gives you.
- Chemex filters are 20-30% heavier than competitive brands. They remove even the finest sediment particles, as well as undesirable oils and fats.
- The formulation of the filter permits the proper infusion time by regulating the filtration rate - not too slow, not too fast.
- Good infusion of the coffee grounds gives coffee a richer flavor while at the same time making possible precise fractional extraction.
- 100 filters per pack.
- The Chemex filter is folded into a cone shape, exactly as in laboratory techniques. This assures uniform extraction since the water filters through all the grounds on its way to the apex of the cone.
- Guaranteed not to burst under the weight of the liquid during filtration, and not to break when lifting out the grounds.
- For all 1 pint Chemex coffeemakers.
Chemex Brewing Instructions
- Open the Chemex-Bonded® Coffee Filter into a cone. One side should have three layers. Place the cone in the top of your coffeemaker with the thick portion toward the pouring spout.
- Using Regular or Automatic Grind coffee only, put one rounded tablespoon of coffee per 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. If you prefer stronger coffee, use more; there is never any bitterness in coffee brewed using the Chemex® method.
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat until it stops boiling vigorously. It should now be at about 200ºF, a perfect brewing temperature. Pour a small amount of water over the coffee grounds, just enough to wet them without floating. This is important because it allows the grounds to "bloom," so the desirable coffee elements can be released.
- After this first wetting simply pour more water, soaking the grounds each time, but keeping the water level well below the top of the coffeemaker. Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, dispose of the spent grounds by lifting the filter out of the coffeemaker. And that's it! You are now ready to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee!
*Image is a representation. Actual product may vary based on model, size, and options selected.