Hario V60 Fretta Iced Coffee Brewer
— You save $3.37
Frequently bought together:
The Hario V60 Fretta is a cold coffee pour-over brewing system that provides the ideal set-up for brewing coffee over ice.
What's in the Box
- 1 size 02 plastic V60 dripper
- 1 plastic diffuser
- 1 plastic funnel insert
- 1 600ml glass carafe (with snap-in lid)
- 10 paper 02 size filters
- The Fretta's unique design combines a 02 size dripper cone similar to the Hario V60 02 Dripper with a 600ml glass carafe. Curved ridges on the inside of the cone allow for coffe to extract out of the sides of the dripper as well as the bottom. The plastic diffuser allows for quicker cooling and a more balanced flow of coffee over the ice, resulting in less melting.
- If you are desiring a yield of 600 mL (~20 oz; the size of the decanter) we recommend using half of that volume in ice (300mL [which weighs 300g]) with half the volume of water (300mL [also 300g]). In order to preserve the strength of the brew, use the same ratio of coffee for a 600 mL yield (38 grams or ~6 tbsp.)
Rinse the filter out with hot water. We then recommend pouring just enough water to wet the coffee ground and letting it sit for 30-45 seconds (or until the coffee bloom deflates). At this point begin pouring slowly in concentric circles until the desired water volume is reached (don't pour too close to the edge).
- The paper filters produce a clean, flavorful, sediment-free cup and the plastic diffuser ensures that the coffee is cooled quickly by falling directly onto the ice. This is also a quicker way to brew cold coffee than other cold brew methods.