Hottop Home Coffee Roaster KN-8828B-2K with Free 6 lb Coffee Sampler
Add this roaster to your cart to automatically receive a free 6 lb unroasted coffee sampler! You'll get 2 lbs each of 3 different, delicious coffees, so you can practice your hand at home roasting with ease!
The KN-8828B-2-K roaster from Hottop offers complete manual control of all roast parameters. Simply plug the roaster in and press the "POWER/START" button three times and the roasting process begins. Add the beans (between 225-300g per roast) at the machine's prompting or at your preferred drop-in temperature, then either allow them to roast and eject automatically or manually end the roast at any time. The KN-8828P-2K allows for up to 9 roast profiles to be saved. Each program is made up of eight segments. Within each segment the user has the ability to pre-determine time, temperature and fan speed, and the machine controls temperature. During a roast the pre-programmed variables can not be manipulated. Only the target temperature can be changed at the beginning of each new segment. Take advantage of the factory installed profiles to start, then start making small changes to learn how different parameters impact the roast.
- Complete control. Maximum temperature, fan speed and roast time can be set before the roast begins and the temperature can be modified at the beginning of each new segment during roasting.
- Programmable profiles. At the conclusion of your roast (after the cooling of the beans is complete), the machine will beep and you will be presented with the option to save the completed roast into non-volatile memory, including all the changes you have made. Up to three profiles can be saved in this manner.
- Update K-style thermocouple. The Hottop has gained a dedicated following among many home roasters, and they've found a way to improve their favorite machine: adding a thermocouple. Until now, if one of these dedicated Hottop users wanted to know a more precise bean temperature than the general environmental temperature given by the original Hottop button-style thermal sensor, they have had to buy a thermocouple and install it themselves. Now, this basic model comes with a k-style thermocouple that extends out from the rear wall and provides a more accurate display of the bean temperature as well as a faster response time.
- Roast cycle: 12-22 minutes; time can be added when necessary
- Capacity: up to 300 grams per batch (best results with 250 grams)
- External cooling tray with agitation arm and cooling fan. Beans cool in 4 to 5 minutes
- Large 4-inch viewing window gives a view of the beans during roasting
- Heat element: 750 watts
- Steel Drum: 4x8 inches
- Audible signaling of roast progress; quieter than other home roasters
- Manual emergency eject pin
- Each program consists of eight segments. Each segment consists of an amount of time, temperature, and fan speed. User predetermines these parameters for each segment and machine will control the temperature.
- Profiles can be recalled and modified
- Large LCD
- Single K-type thermocouples
- 300g max bean capacity
- Save up to 9 profiles