Astoria Gloria AL Lever-Operated Espresso Machine | 1, 2, or 3 Groups
The Astoria Gloria is the “have it your way” espresso machine. Unlike the Gloria SAE, the Gloria AL is a lever-operated espresso machine, mixing vintage appeal with contemporary functionality. And because it is available in a number of different models, you can get exactly what you need for your particular situation.
The Gloria AL comes as a 1, 2, or 3 group machine, all offering a single-boiler system, lever-operated groups, and turn-style steam knobs. And whether you are bound by power restrictions or production requirements, the Gloria AL offers models that are 110 and 220 volts, with heating elements ranging from 2600 to 5000 watts and boilers ranging from 6 to 17 liters.
While the Gloria AL is a quality lever espresso machine, manual control machines require more involvement from the barista, and thus more training than automatic or semi-automatic espresso machines. And due to the fact that lever-action group heads do not have three-way solenoids, they demand a longer recovery time between shots, in order to dissipate pressure. These characteristics make lever machines less than optimal for high-volume cafes, especially those with drive-thrus. If that is your situation, the Gloria SAE Automatic Espresso Machine might be a better fit.
However, because of the fact that the Gloria AL is a lever espresso machine, without the electrical needs of a pump (as is the case for semi-auto or auto espresso machines), mobile situations become much easier. Whether it’s for a food truck or a farmer’s market, the Gloria AL can be converted to run on gas, rather than electricity. Note, though, that this conversion happens at the factory and does cancel out the UL certification.
What's in the box:
- Astoria Gloria AL Lever Espresso Machine
- 1 Double portafilter
- 1 Single portafilter
- 58mm baskets
- 1 Backflush screen
- 54mm plastic tamper
- Additional 4" legs (standard are 2.5")
- 3/8" long braided water line (15 in)
- 3/4" drain hose (6.5 ft)
- 3/8m x 3/8m and 3/8m x 3/8f reducers
- Single boiler system
- Lever-operated group(s)
- Chromed, stainless steel lever(s) with plastic handle(s)
- Hot water dispenser
- Turn-style steam knobs
- Available in either Black/Stainless Steel or Light Blue
- Electroplated steel frame, assembled without welding
- Body material consists of baked enamel steel with painted ABS side panels
- 12 months part coverage warranty
- 3 months labor warranty
- Cool-touch steam wands (custom quote available upon request)
|Model:||Astoria Gloria AL 1||Astoria Gloria AL 2||Astoria Gloria AL 3|
|Boiler Type:||Single boiler||Single boiler||Single boiler|
|Boiler capacity:||6.0 L||10.5 L||17.0 L|
|Height:||23 in||23 in||23 in|
|Width:||23.2 in||31.5 in||41 in|
|Depth:||22 in||22 in||22 in|
|Weight:||121 lbs||154 lbs||194 lbs|
|Voltage:||110 V||110 or 220 V||220 V|
|Amps:||16.7||21.7 or 19.1||21.7|
|Heating Element Wattage:||2000||2600 or 4400||5000|
|Total Wattage:||2000||2600 or 4400||5000|
|Drain Hole Diameter:||2.5 in||2.5 in||2.5 in|
- 3/8" dedicated cold water line with shut off valve and compression fitting.
- Water hardness cannot exceed 3gpg or 50ppm.
- Water softener must be installed if it exceeds the limits.
- Minimum incoming water flow rate of 35gph.
- Maximum line pressure of 70psi (5 bar).
- Open gravity drain with a minimum of 1.25 inches.
- Must be within 4 feet of the machine.