Burr Shimming Alignment Service for EK43 and EK43S Grinders
- EK43 Shim Service
- Ships in 1 to 2 weeks
Push your grinder closer to perfection with our professional grinder alignment services. With our Burr Shimming service, your new EK43 or EK43S grinder will arrive at your door with its burrs shimmed and aligned within 0.01 mm of perfectly parallel. The shimming process uses small strips of steel stock inserted beneath the burrs to address any deflections from parallel and improve overall alignment. This is non-permanent and the shims can be removed without modifying or damaging the grinder or burrs.
Alignment services are currently only available on purchases of new EK43 and EK43S grinders. If the grinder you selected is not currently in stock, it will be ordered from Mahlkonig, which may extend the lead time. Please contact our sales team for more information.
How it works:
- Add your desired grinder and desired alignment service to your cart, then proceed through checkout.
- Upon confirming payment, your service order will be coordinated with our technician.
- You will receive an email from our sales team confirming the service to be provided.
- Once your grinder is received by the tech, they will evaluate the existing alignment and parallelism.
- Shims will be added to the burrs to correct deviations from parallel.
- Burrs will be checked again to ensure they are within 0.01 mm of parallel.
- Our technician will repack your grinder and arrange delivery with Prima.
- You will then receive an email with shipping confirmation and tracking.
- If you have any questions along the way please contact email@example.com
Note: Shims are not permanently affixed to the burrs or other grinder parts. If taking apart your grinder for cleaning or service, be cautious not to lose the shim material. Burrs will be labeled with shim type and position for easier replacement.
We also offer a grind chamber sanding service if you would prefer a more permanent adjustment to your grinder.
- Burr alignment performed by a qualified service technician
- Steel shim stock added to burrs to within 0.01 mm of perfectly parallel
- Entirely reversible - does not damage burrs or grind chamber
- Ensures high quality grinding results with your new EK43 or EK43S
- Service not available for other grinders at this time